In the build up to the Olympics, the flurry of brands showing their support with campaigns would have sports fans concerned the athletes are spending more time filming ads than they are training.
Visa is the latest to launch a games related campaign and features athletes from around the world who are members Team Visa, a group of Visa sponsored world-class Olympic and Paralympic hopefuls that share the brand’s values of acceptance, partnership and innovation. New Zealand shot putter Valerie Adams is among them.
The ‘Carpool’ spot follows the athletes on their journey to Rio and in the New Zealand rendition, Adams is seen taking the wheel as they travel via the United States, Brazil and Japan.
The spot will run globally with each market featuring a different carpool sequence that highlights local Olympic athletes.
- Missy Franklin (USA – Swimming)
- Ibtihaj Muhammad (USA – Fencing)
- Carli Lloyd (USA – Soccer)
- Kerri Walsh Jennings (USA – Beach Volleyball)
- Valerie Adams (New Zealand – Shot Put)
- Ashton Eaton (USA – Decathlon)
- Terezinha Guilhermina (Brazil – Paralympic Athletics)
- Jennifer Abel (Canada – Diving)
- Pamela Ware (Canada – Diving)
- Alison Cerutti (Brazil – Beach Volleyball)
- Wayde van Niekerk (South Africa – Athletics)
- Daiya Seto (Japan – Swimming)
- Kanako Watanabe (Japan – Swimming)
- Maria Espinoza (Mexico – Taekwondo)