A veritable smorgasbord of Kiwi magazine industry hot shots have been roped in to impose their harsh judgements for the inaugural New Zealand edition of The Maggies, the popular UK award show that’s been shipped down to the southern hemisphere to honour the year’s best magazine covers.
And the confirmed judges are:
- John McClintock, executive director of Magazine Publishers Association New Zealand
- Lindsey Dawson, creator of More, Next and Grace and winner of an MPA Lifetime Achievement Award in 2009
- Andrew Burge, chief executive of iSUBSCRiBE Pty Ltd.
- Debra Millar, former Group publisher of ACP Magazines
- Gideon Keith, creative director, Seven Ltd.
- Peter Fenton, chief executive – postal services, New Zealand Post
- Paula Ryan, founder of Fashion Quarterly and Simply You, MPA Lifetime Achievement Award 2010.
- Sharon Grace, freelance magazine and book designer.
The esteemed panel will be selecting the shortlist of nominated covers from a variety of categories. Those winners will then go through to the second stage of voting by the great unwashed. And, if you haven’t entered your glorious cover already, do it here.