Every year, StopPress asks players in the local industry for their reflections on the marketing year that was. Here’s what Steve Kane, managing director of Y&R NZ, thought about 2015.
1. Favourite local campaign that isn’t yours
To-Die-For Fargo-Inspired Woollens Collection for Neon. I liked it so much I came out of social media hibernation to finger it on the Facebook.
2. Favourite campaign that is yours
3. Favourite international campaign
4. Least favourite campaign
The ugly ascendancy of Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump.
5. Your own biggest success
That the good ship Y&R and all that sail in her.
6. Favourite magazine/website/TV show/radio show/podcast/news service/app/song/other
I still marvel every time I use Shazam. Its dark sorcery greatly enhances my life.
7. Most ridiculous buzzword
8. Best innovation
Netflix’s ‘Pause’ socks
9. Most over-hyped ‘innovation’
10. Best brands
11. Best stoush of the year