Mediacom won a few big awards last year, including B&T’s overall agency of the year title and the Media Agency Network of the Year award for the third consecutive year at the M&M International Awards. In New Zealand it was behind KFC’s Double Down launch as well as the placement of media for the Z launch, and to top it all off, it also took the Revlon account off DraftFCB. Managing director Nigel Douglas pours his heart out.
1) Favourite campaign that isn’t yours: Steinlager believe. Nice hijack and through-the-line genius.
2) Favourite campaign that is yours: KFC Krushers. Again, good through-the-line campaign that leverages the brand, including social with the character we created, Tre Krusher, who’s currently boasting thousands of fans. Youtube Video
3) Least favourite campaign: Youtube Video Subway. You suck.
4) Best brand: Apple, Google, the new breed of techs. They rule.
5) Best stoush: Dunno, who cares?
6) Heroes: Richie McCaw
7) Villains: Sean Fitzpatrick. What a soul seller.
8) Most memorable marketing moment: The death of Steve Jobs.