Welcome to our new feature, Hit for Six, where we put agency heads in the inquisition chair for six quick questions. Let’s get to know our marcomms community. Prepare to be enlightened. First victim, Justin Mowday from DraftFCB.
Name: Justin Mowday, Managing Director
No. of staff: 120
Offices in NZ: Auckland and Wellington
1. Notable clients: Prime TV, Genesis Energy, Mitre 10, Pak’nSave, Whitcoulls, Robert Harris, Cerebos Greggs, BMW, Mini, Sony, Pacific Blue, Noel Leeming, Bond+Bond, NZ Herald, NZ Listener, Video Ezy, ALAC, National Depression Initiative, Ministry of Health, Families Commission.
2. Sell yourself in a sentence: “If we’re not driving behavioural change we’re not doing our job.”
3. Campaign you’re most proud of: Too many to name, but if you’re going to make me choose here’s three.
- Prime TV – 3 years of provocative multi-channel advertising involving lesbians, marijuana, fast cars, rugby, vampires and increased audience ratings.
- Whitcoulls ‘Post It Note’ – a TV campaign that reinvigorated an iconic kiwi brand.
- Mitre 10 ‘Sandpit’ TVC – New Zealand’s favourite for 6 months straight reinforcing Mitre 10 as New Zealand’s most popular home improvement brand.
4. If TV isn’t dead, why? ‘Cause Kiwis keep on watching it en masse.
5. The future of advertising is: incredibly exciting – the age of involvement opens up a vast array of opportunities for brands.
6. Dream account you haven’t got yet: A bank or telco, keen anyone?
Proud words straight from the MD’s mouth. You agency bosses want your plug too? Email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org. Every completed questionnaire gets on our Christmas card list.