In keeping with an ongoing tradition, a few industry players gave us their take on the year for our annual opinion harvest. Here’s what Maud Meijboom-van Wel, DB’s marketing director, had to say.
1. Favourite local campaign that isn’t yours
New Zealand Transport Agency (Blazed and Mistakes).
2. Favourite campaign that is yours
Tui Catch a million, of course. Even as a novice to cricket.
3. Favourite international campaign
Sweetie by Lemz for Terre des Hommes
4. Least favourite campaign
Anything from Godfreys or Smith & Smith.
5. Your own biggest success
Fortunately, it has been a great year for DB marketing:
- The great spin off on the creative work on Tui, which won Cannes Gold & Bronze Lions.
- DB’s marketing success resulting in three Effies, including the most effective client of the year.
- The innovation success of DB Export Citrus.
6. Favourite magazine/website/TV show/radio show/podcast/news service/app/song/other
I never miss a good series, like Homeland or Game of Thrones. Also, I find it hard to put away my phone, since Whatsapp and Instagram allow me to stay in touch with friends and family all over the world. For news updates: Twitter.
7. Most ridiculous buzzword
8. Best innovation
DB Export Citrus (and new DB Export Citrus Grapefruit)
9. Most over-hyped ‘innovation’
Candy Crush (app): No, I don’t want an invite, thank you.
10. Best brands
11. Best stoush
Semi-final of the FIFA World Cup. The Netherlands vs. Argentina (not the outcome though).
My marketing team, the DB team, our customers and clients who made me feel at home really quickly in my first year in New Zealand.
Alexis Nasard (chief marketing officer) for leading Heineken consistently over the past four years and becoming the marketer of the year 2015 in Cannes.
14. Predictions for 2015
Mythbusting will bring back the love of beer.
Innovation in the broadest sense is the way to win.
- According to Font’s recent survey, 43 percent of marketing professionals in New Zealand are looking to change jobs next year and 65 percent will be re-evaluating career plans over the Christmas period. So check out some of the roles Font has on offer here and have a gander at the infographic based on the survey results here.