1. Favourite local campaign that isn’t yours
Telecom – Waiting is over.
2. Favourite campaign that is yours
3. Favourite international campaign
Philips – Carousel.
4. Least favourite campaign
Every pitch I lost this year.
5. Your own biggest success
Working in the film industry after being homeless for three years.
6. Most significant launch/innovation/thing of the year
Childish Gambino – This Is America
7. What should be un-invented?
Ads that come on part way through online videos. When I’m watching an emotional doco and a commercial comes on right in the middle of an important moment.
8. Lamest trend
Giant shoes. If you know, you know.
9. Best brands
Volvo, Dick’s sporting goods, Playstation, Absolut, Gaterade
10. Best stoush
Ross Kemp and Vinny Jones.
Charles Frederick Goldie, Alan Watts, Bob Marley, Charles Bukowski, Leonardo da Vinci, Mr Bean.
Scar. I’ll never forgive or forget.
13. What died in 2018?
14. What’s the biggest mistake marketers will make in 2019?
Continuing to use focus groups.
15. How far in our future do you think The Handmaid’s Tale is?
I don’t watch it… but judging by the trailer I just saw and a recent article I read about how Western men’s sperm count has halved since the 1970s. I’m going to say 2022.