Through a series of huge product relaunches and lotteries innovations, as well as great campaigns for Lotto, Instant Kiwi and Big Wednesday, NZ Lotteries has increased its sales by more than $250 million in recent years, an increase bigger than the total chocolate confectionary category in New Zealand. And head of marketing Wendy Rayner has played an integral role in that rise. As a result, she won the prestigious TVNZ-NZ Marketing Marketer of the Year award this year. Here’s what caught her attention in 2011.
2) Favourite campaign that is yours: Youtube VideoStill the lucky Lotto dog, “Wilson”. Watch out for all new episodes in his life in the new year.
3) Least favourite campaign: Youtube VideoSorry, not a big fan of the Coleman’s Countdown family. Love the new stores though.
4) Best brand: Croucher Brewing Co. Awesome Kiwi-made boutique beer.
5) Best stoush: No comment
6) Heroes: Just to be different from Richie McCaw, The Mad Butcher for fighting the big “C” and still making great radio. Love the ones on George FM. A Kiwi icon.
7) Villains: Air New Zealand’s Rico. Not sad to see him go.
8) Most memorable marketing moment: Okay, it’s cliched, but winning ‘Marketer of the Year’ was up there.