V Energy’s new campaign makes me feel old

Clemenger BBDO Sydney has presented its new campaign for its ‘Make it Happen’ platform alongside V Energy. Titled ‘The Procrastination Place’, the ad throws us into the mind of the young procrastinator and in doing so, shows us how weird young people really are.

There’s Flossing, there’s a bongo cat, there’s a Runescape reference, there’s a naked dude playing the wine glasses in a wig, then there is apparently an amazing way to feel old as shit beat procrastination with V Energy.

Created by Clemenger BBDO in Sydney, the 30-second spot is a manic look into how our brains look when we procrastinate. Aimed at Gen Z and Millennials, who are definitely the more easily distracted groups, to help them perform at their best. Personally, V Energy just makes me procrastinate with a faster heartbeat and slightly sweaty.

Complete props to the team who nailed the hectic essence that V Energy often has, the brand recognition is strong and is a great first foray into their campaign ‘Make it Happen’. The launch film, which draws on meme culture and the deepest darkest parts of the internet, was brought to life by The Sweetshop’s Damien Shatford.

Ben Coulson, chief creative officer, Clemenger BBDO Sydney says, “Procrastination, it’s something 99 percent of us do, and the other 1 percent lie about. But V will be there for us when we need a good kick right in the procrastinations.”

Frucor Suntory head of consumer marketing, Jonny Croft says, “We’re super excited to see a genuine consumer insight land a whole new brand platform for V, and really open the brand up to a whole new generation of consumers across Australia and New Zealand. The work is distinctive, extremely relatable for our consumers, and firmly plants our flag as the brand that uniquely helps you Make it Happen.”

About Author

Comments are closed.