The finalists for the 2020 ORCA Awards have been announced. Special mentions go to DDB and FCB who take two spots each.
The finalists are;
- VW – Swim Mum: Matt Williams, Freddie Coltart & Rory McKechnie at DDB
- McDonald’s – Working Late Tonight: Matt Williams & Freddie Coltart at DDB
- Fire and Emergency NZ – Forest Fire: Hayley Marks & Kimberley Torrie at FCB
- PAK’nSAVE – Savey: David Shirley & Melina Fiolitakis at FCB
- Rebel Sport – Find Your Rhythm: Brooke Wiley & Tim Thach at Stanley St
- NZ Transport Agency – Live For Tomorrow: Steve Hansen & JP Twaalfhoven at Clemenger BBDO
Judging was be based on four criteria: creativity, execution, effectiveness and innovation. Representing varied disciplines across the industry, the panel consisted of James Mok (VMLY&R), Bex Radford (BC&F Dentsu), Leisa Wall (FCB), JP Twaalfhoven (Clemenger BBDO) and Dr Matt Mollgaard (AUT University).
The Grand ORCA winner will take home a $10,000 cash prize and a $10,000 client radio campaign. The People’s Choice Award winner will receive a $2,000 cash prize and a $5,000 client radio campaign.
Voting is now open for the People’s Choice Award at trb.co.nz/orca, with each voter going in the draw to win a set of Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless In Ear Headphones. Voting will close at 5pm on Friday July 31st.