MediaWorks will be dishing out a new honour to a member of the media fraternity at this year’s CAANZ Media Awards in memory of long-time staffer Sandy Smith. So get your nominations in for the inaugural Inspiring Individuals Award.
“With this award, MediaWorks are honouring Sandy’s business philosophy and values, and celebrating like-minded individuals within the industry,” said MediaWorks director of sales Linda Farrelly. “Sandy was with MediaWorks for 13 years and in her role as business development manager she shared with colleagues the knowledge and time that are vital for success in the fast moving world of media.”
Nominees can be selected by their peers and narcissists are also able to nominate themselves. They just need to meet the following criteria:
- A mentor for others. This person invests time in younger members of the team, inspiring them professionally and encouraging them to evolve as better individuals.
- Shares their knowledge and wisdom accumulated during their time in the industry.
- The person colleagues go to when they want an answer that will be wise, practical and honest. No fluff.
- Contributes to the media industry. This person sees the value in being involved in industry developments and initiatives in a constructive way.
- Approaches challenges with a positive can-do attitude.
- Challenges the status quo with logic and reason.
- Embraces the changes in our ever evolving media landscape.
- Enjoys life, a laugh and a G&T.
Nominations can be submitted from Thursday 24 March at www.mediaworkstv.co.nz/insight and should include an explanation as to why the nominated individual is deserving of the award.
The winner of the new award will also win an all expenses paid trip to The Festival of Media in 2012.