StopPress is a fantastic beast. A true voyager in the seas of the marcomms industry. But now, this ship needs a new captain.
That’s right folks, our current editor is off, and to replace her we need a candidate with minimum 40 +years experience, 3 PHD’s, who is also a telepathic millionaire and can read the minds of clients.
But in reality;
We’re casting our net to find a new Senior Digital Content Producer to champion the editorial vision and team. The role requires exceptional writing ability; the ability to make sound editorial decisions; confidence to engage with marcomms industry leaders; attention to detail; and commercial thinking to optimise revenue performance.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the experience and aptitude to deliver so most likely you will have had at least 3-5 years experience crafting quality content that is proven to deliver both engagement and commercial success.
Accountabilities or responsibilities:
- Source and write newsworthy stories daily, and ensure they are in a clean state ready for publishing online
- Build relationships with industry representatives: This includes regular face-to-face meetings with the aim of sourcing and producing exclusive interviews and content
- Take responsibility of the generation of ideas from your own research to create original and engaging stories.
- Formatting of content using the StopPress CMS, producing weekly newsletters and posting content to social media pages.
- Work within a team to construct a cohesive editorial plan for each quarter.
- Create commercial content in support of the Advertising/Commercial Manager including copy writing, sourcing photography and liaising with clients for approval.
- Sub-editing of all content or commissioning where applicable.
- Assist with content creation, curation and production across sister titles/platforms.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Formal journalistic qualification or journalism experience.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Proven track record in creating commercially sound projects.
- Digital and social media experience.
- Open to collaboration and teamwork.
- Knowledge of and love for the marcomms industry will be a big plus.
- Most importantly, a keen interest in current affairs and the happenings of the advertising, media and marketing industry.
- Hard working and deadline focused.
- Able to turn copy around quickly and cleanly.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Commercial thinker with good customer service skills.
- Interested in and committed to the concept of “commercial content” and how that drives both audience engagement and commercial outcomes.
- Strong communicator.
- Sense of humour.
Send written applications to: email@example.com