Discovery, Inc. has announced its Australia and New Zealand leadership team, its first move towards combining its businesses across the region into one organisation spanning both countries.
The company has appointed the following roles:
- Darren Chau – Senior Director, Production, ANZ
- Juliet Peterson – Senior Director, Programming, ANZ
- Donna Gurney – Senior Director, Ad Sales, ANZ
- Sarah Bristow – Senior Director, News, NZ
- Michelle Cole – Senior Manager, Trading, ANZ
- David Gwynne – Director, Commercial Partnerships & Ops, ANZ
- Gab Ayoub – Director, Creative and Branding, ANZ
- Shannon Most – Senior Director, Marketing & CSR, ANZ
- Karina Healy – Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, ANZ
Rebecca Kent, General Manager, Australia & New Zealand says: “As the first step in moving to a single trans-Tasman organisation, we are delighted to announce our leadership team today.
“This team will be key in driving increased scale across our free-to-air, Pay-TV and direct-to-consumer portfolio, as we continue to evolve our business to meet changing demands and better serve our audiences.”
Glen Kyne, General Manager, New Zealand & Australia, says: “We are focused on driving growth for our region as we realise the full value of our portfolio of brands, enabling us to deliver premium news and entertainment content to our audiences as well as enhanced solutions for our advertisers.
“Our team of leaders are well placed to deliver on these goals as we drive the continued success of our brands and unlock new opportunities across both markets.”
The New Zealand portfolio includes free-to-air channels Three, Bravo, Choice, HGTV, Three+1, Bravo+1, The Edge TV and The Breeze TV, streaming service ThreeNow, multi-platform news and current affairs service Newshub and seven pay-TV brands – Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Food Network, Living, Investigation Discovery and Discovery Turbo on Sky.