Slowly but surely New Zealand’s Cannes tally continues to rise with the
announcement of the Outdoor category winners. Eight Kiwi entries made
the shortlist of 588, with three taking home awards. First hat tip goes
to Colenso BBDO for taking out New Zealand’s only Gold in the category,
awarded for its ‘Sorry about the Twigs’, folks‘
campaign for Monteith’s Crushed Cider, adding to the gold, silver and
bronze the campaign picked up in the Promo & Activation category.
The agency’s ‘Skate Pinball’ campaign for Mountain Dew also nabbed a
Elsewhere Publicis Mojo took home its first Lion of the competition, a Silver one for its Greenpeace ‘Oil on Canvas’ campaign.
Mercedes Benz’s ‘The Invisible Drive’ campaign, created by the folks at
Hamburg’s Jung von Matt, and Ogilvy Shanghai’s ‘#Coke Hands’ campaign
walked away with the two Outdoor Grand Prixs of the night.
Kiwi entries on the Outdoor shortlist
- Welly on a Plate’, Whybin\TBWA\Tequila for Visa/Wellington on a Plate Culinary Festival
- ‘Mary Christmas’, Whybin\TBWA\Tequila for St Matthew in the City Church
- ‘Oil on Canvas’, Publicis Mojo for Greenpeace New Zealand (in two sub-categories)
- ‘Sheep’, Y&R for Icebreaker
- ‘The Wine List’, Colenso BBDO for DB Breweries (Export Dry)
- ‘Twigs’, Colenso BBDO for DB Breweries (Monteith’s Crushed Cider)
- ‘Skate Pinball’, Colenso BBDO for Frucor Beverages Mountain Dew
- ‘Fly Buys Music’, Clemenger BBDO for Loyalty NZ
Next up, Press, Design, Radio and Cyber Lions.