In a recent article, Stoppress found that YouTube is the world’s biggest music streaming service. This is the largely due to the Vevo channel and their long list of pop music stars and starlets on offer.
Instead of going to all the effort of listening to all of the years most popular songs on said Vevo channel, why not listen to this dope mashup – that’s what the kids would call it, right?
The mashup was created by DJ Earworm who makes one in this style each year. Earworm has already racked up more than 95 million views across his year-end mashups, and it looks like the 2014 edition will likely be the one to push him over the 100 million mark.
Below is a list of this years songs:
- A Great Big World feat. Christina Aguilera – Say Something
- Ariana Grande feat. Iggy Azalea – Problem
- Bastille – Pompeii
- Dj Snake & Lil Jon – Turn Down For What
- Hozier – Take Me to Church
- Idina Menzel – Let It Go
- Iggy Azalea feat. Charli XCX – Fancy
- Iggy Azalea feat. Rita Ora – Black Widow
- Jason Derulo feat. 2 Chainz – Talk Dirty
- Jeremih feat. YG – Don’t Tell ‘Em
- Jessie J feat. Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang
- John Legend – All Of Me
- Katy Perry feat. Juicy J – Dark Horse
- Lorde – TeamMagic! – Rude
- Maroon 5 – Animals
- Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass
- Nico & Vinz – Am I Wrong
- One Direction – Story of My Life
- Passenger – Let Her Go
- Pharrell Williams – Happy
- Pitbull feat. Ke$ha – Timber
- Sam Smith – stay with me
- Taylor Swift – Shake It Off
- Tove Lo – Habits
In other news, PSY’s Gangnam Style managed to ‘break the internet’ Kim Kardashian style. The K-Pop hit exceeded the number of views that the play counter would allow. The magic number that it stopped at? 2,147,483,647 – the largest 32-bit integer. YouTube cottoned on thankfully and have now extended this to a gigantic 64-bit integer, meaning 9,223,372,036,854,775,808 is the new ceiling.