The judges have had their say, and the top five entries in the 2021 ORCA are as follows:
- VW – Zero To Crazy (New Name): Matt Williams, Freddie Coltart and Rory McKechnie (DDB)
- Fire and Emergency NZ – Firefighters Don’t Like Fire Movies: Hayley Marks and Hugh O’Connor (FCB)
- PAK’nSAVE – Meat Hijack: Adam Redmond and Emerson Hunt (FCB)
- NZ Police – Enjoy The View: Lauren Southon, Maraea Walker, Slade Gill and Hywel James (FCB)
- Partners Life – Unhappily Ever After: Jack Gravatt (Special Group)
Judging was based on four criteria: creativity, execution, effectiveness and innovation.
The 2021 panel consisted of Maria Devereux (Colenso BBDO), Ralph van Dijk (Eardrum), Lisa Fedyszyn (Special Group), Tony Clewett (Federation) and Kim Ellison (Stanley St).
Voting will open for the People’s Choice Award at 9am on 19 July.
The Grand ORCA winner will take home a $10,000 cash prize and a $10,000 client radio campaign.
The People’s Choice Award winner will receive a $2,000 cash prize and a $5,000 client radio campaign.
ORCA winners will be announced over an awards luncheon on 12 August at The Matisse Room in Auckland.