1. Favourite local campaign that isn’t yours
2. Favourite campaign that is yours
‘Apocalypse Steve Hansen – Don’t Lose Your Biscuit’, for Arnott’s.
3. Favourite international campaign
‘Geoff the Film‘ for Kraft Heinz Australia (from Y&R NZ).
4. Least favourite campaign
Everything to do with the Election 2017.
5. Your own biggest success
Seven pitch wins for Y&R NZ. Rebranding Y&R Engage to be more aligned to the work we create.
6. Most significant launch/innovation/thing of the year
Jacinda, very closely followed by Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
7. What should be un-invented?
8. Lamest trend
9. Best brands
Whittakers, Meadow Fresh, Eat My Lunch.
10. Best stoush
Josh Moore, Jono Key, Cath Hamilton, Steve Hansen.
13. What died in 2017?
Our IT system (briefly). Made for an interesting jump back to 1992 for a few weeks.
14. What’s the biggest mistake marketers will make in 2018?
Fractured media strategies; defined by a lack of great storytelling and creativity.
15. What’s the most Black Mirror/sci-fi horror thing likely to happen in the near future?
Profiling peoples’ entire personalities, preferences and behavioural tendencies via CCTV footage of their gaits. Basically Minority Report come to life: Tom Cruise fans rejoice, the rest of us, shudder.