With quarantine-free travel now open between Australia and New Zealand, Tourism New Zealand and Special Group have launched a major new campaign, ‘Stop Dreaming about New Zealand and Go’.
Highlighting both the welcoming people and stunning landscapes, the campaign aims to encourage Australians to seize the opportunity to travel to New Zealand, and centres around a dreaming Australian and a Kiwi guide as they experience a literal ‘dream’ holiday.
The duo take part in fine dining, jet boating, cycling through a vineyard and star gazing in a hot tub.
Tourism New Zealand Marketing Lead – Australia, Declan Malone, says the campaign aims to spark the emotional longing in Australians to experience a unique New Zealand holiday.
“We wanted to remind our friends over in Australia that New Zealand’s beautiful landscapes, wide open spaces, and welcoming people are only a short flight away.”
Special Group Australia CCO and Partner, Tom Martin, says: “After being confined to Australia for over a year, Australians everywhere have been dreaming of quarantine free travel, and New Zealand is now ready and waiting.
“We wanted to create the New Zealand version of that dream, filled with the tone and down-to-earth charm that Kiwis are famous for.”
The campaign will run for 12 weeks across all major channels including cinema, TV, on demand, OLV, social, radio, digital audio, digital display and will be supported by PR and trade activity.
Tourism New Zealand
- General Manager (Australia) – Andrew Waddel
- Marketing Manager (Australia) – Declan Malone
- Campaign Manager(Australia) – Lauren Kerr
- Global Brand & Content Manager – Jill Chestnut
- Brand & Content Manager – Jaime Reid
- Senior PR Executive (Australia) – Emma Reyes
Special Group Australia
- CCO/Partner: Tom Martin
- CCO/Partner: Julian Schreiber
- CEO/Founding Partner: Lindsey Evans
- Founding Partner: Cade Heyde
- Creative: Wayne Ching
- Creative: Alex Antoniou
- Business Director: Rebecca Grant
- Business Manager: Meri Stewart
- Strategy Director: Anna Bollinger
- Strategist: Kellie Box
- Executive Producer: Paul Johnston/ Bill Doig
Special Group New Zealand
- CEO/CCO: Tony Bradbourne
- Head of Strategy: Rory Gallery
- Creative: Tom Johnson
- Integrated Producer: Sally Lankshear
- Production Company – Finch
- Director – The Bobbsey Twins
- Cinematographer -Ginny Loane NZCS
- Managing Director – Corey Esse
- Executive Producer – Loren Bradley
- Producer – Sarah Cook
- Edit House -Arc Edit
- Editor – Jack Hutchings
- Post Producer – Adriana Arriaga
- Post Production – Blockhead
- Colorist – Dave Gibson
- Online Operator – Richard Betts
- Animator -Blockhead
- VFX Supervisor – Stefan Coory