While things have certainly calmed down a bit since the '80s, this industry still has an undoubted penchant for lunching—and especially so over the silly season. It also has the skills required to draw attention to things and DineAid, a charity that helps feed the homeless and hungry, is joining forces with Pead PR and StopPress to combine these two elements into one competition, with creative Kiwi types being asked to produce a short video that tells the DineAid story.
As well as giving something back to the community, the winning team gets a long lunch valued at $2,500 at one of Auckland’s finest restaurants and the winning student team will get a $300 bar tab. But wait, there's more. StopPress readers will also be asked to vote to decide on the winner of the People’s Choice award, which will earn the winning agency $500 to spend at a top eatery.
For those unfamiliar with the charity, here's what DineAid is all about:
One meal can help grace many tables
Eating out has never been so rewarding. DineAid presents an opportunity to enjoy a delicious dining experience and put food on the table of someone less fortunate.
It’s an annual initiative from DineAid. Choose a DineAid restaurant or café during November and December and you are given the opportunity to put food on more than one table.
It’s a simple enough programme – diners add $2 to their bill so they can enjoy their meal comfortable in the knowledge it’s more than their own appetites they’re replenishing.
The funds are collected by participating restaurants and cafés and distributed through food parcels by the Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch City Missions. DineAid has raised nearly $400,000 in the past five years – this year it’s hoping to raise more than $100,000 during the DineAid period.
If you’re going to dine out in November or December – and who isn’t with summer underway and Christmas beckoning - make sure you choose a DineAid restaurant and put food on more than one table.
Interested? Here’s the brief.
Title: Dine out on $2
Intended use: Tell the story of DineAid
Objective: Get diners to add $2 to their restaurant or café bill
Duration: Approx 60 secs
Description: A short video that encourages diners to select a participating restaurant or café and add $2 to their bill or donate $2 at the till to the DineAid charity.
Audience: All New Zealanders who eat out at restaurants or cafés between 1 November and New Year’s Eve 2013.
Desired response: “I must book a DineAid restaurant and donate $2 to DineAid cause.”
Video deadline: Friday 29 November, 2013
And for a bit of 'inspiration', here's something the Aussies prepared earlier.
Terms & conditions
- The competition is administered by DineAid PR consultancy Pead PR
- Judging is by an independent panel, the judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition is open to New Zealand agency teams and advertising students.
- Entries must be submitted in a format suitable for StopPress broadcast (either as a video file for upload to the StopPress YouTube channel or in link form).
- You agree that you entry is the work of your team and does not infringe the copyright of any copyright owner anywhere in the universe.
- StopPress, Pead PR and DineAid will not be liable in any way for any breach by entrants of these terms and conditions.
- By submitting an entry you are deemed to have agreed to and accepted these Terms and Conditions as well as the terms and conditions of StopPress.
- The closing date for entries is Monday 25 November, 4pm.
- First prize is lunch to the value of $2,500 at a top Auckland restaurant as decided by DineAid.
- Student prize id a $300 bar tab at an Auckland bar as decided by DineAid.
- Readers Choice Award is a $500 voucher to an Auckland eatery as decided by DineAid.