The Australasian Promotional Marketing Association (APMA) is putting out the call for entries for the 2010 APMA Star Awards, which are designed to generate both industry and public recognition of excellence in the area of promotional marketing.
Renamed in this, its fifth year, the Star Awards are an integral part of the APMA’s calendar and honour the year’s most outstanding promotional marketing campaigns. The awards are open to APMA member and non-member agencies throughout Australia and New Zealand.
"For many in the promotional marketing industry, the challenges of last year brought about an increased focus on creativity with the challenge of really pushing the boundaries to do more with less. The Star Awards give the industry’s best the recognition they deserve and with the calibre and the number of entries received each year going from strength to strength, I am confident that 2010 will be the biggest and most successful year ever,” says David Lo, APMA chairman.
The 2010 APMA Star Awards categories include:
- Best Integrated Communications Campaign (Under $1 Million)
- Best Integrated Communications Campaign (Over $1 Million)
- Best Sponsorship or Tie-in Campaign
- Best Use of Direct Marketing and CRM in a Promotional Campaign
- Best Use of Digital/Interactive Marketing in a Promotional Campaign
- Best Brand Building Campaign
- Best Business-to-Business Campaign
- Best Retail Account Specific or Channel Specific Campaign
- Best Event or Experiential Marketing Campaign
- Best Activity Generating Brand Awareness and Trial
- Best Activity Generating Brand Volume
- Best Activity Generating Brand Loyalty
- Most Innovative Idea/Concept
- Best Use of Creative in a Promotional Campaign
- Best Cause or Charity-Related Promotional Campaign
- Best Small Budget Campaign ($75,000 and Under)
- Grand Prix
Entries open online today, Friday 12 February and are open until 31 March. Following judging by a panel of respected marketing professionals, Gold, Silver and Bronze category winners and the overall Grand Prix winner will be announced at Star Awards in Sydney on 1 July.
All APMA Star Awards winners will be eligible to compete in the highly coveted MAA GLOBES for the Best Promotional Marketing Campaigns in the World, held in the USA in October, 2010. For further information or to join the race for excellence, log onto www.apma.com.