Sick of your idiot boss? Tired of working the same old, same old? Got a great idea? Bring your marketing or advertising business idea on April 15 and meet an angel investor. And it's free.
In a rare opportunity to meet some of New Zealand’s smartest start-up investors and mentors, Idealog magazine and the Escalator programme are offering just 80 places to a full-day workshop and seminar on 15 April. Speakers and mentors include Bill Payne, one of America’s leading angel investors.
The day, like a good game of rugby, is in two halves. And did we mention it's free?
Morning session: “Meet an Angel” (limited to 80 guests)
Hear from Bill and a number of local angel investors about the good, bad and ugly of start up investment:
- Learn how fellow entrepreneurs have succeeded or failed in gaining the attention of investors
- Listen to a variety of US and local angel investors at an open workshop
- Gain insight to what an angel investor is looking for
- Hear from experienced angel investors' tips to increase your likelihood of attracting investment
- Raise your company's profile in the angel community
- Get the latest update on what is happening in the NZ early stage investment market
- Find out how you can access up to $20,000 of NZTE funding through Escalator
- Get the chance to meet an angel investor over coffee
Hurry! Places are limited to the morning session. Register online here
Afternoon session: “Coffee with an Angel” (limited to 30)
This is your chance to pick the brains of an angel in a confidential environment over coffee.
The afternoon session is limited to just 30 companies.
For this you will need to complete an additional registration step. We will send an invite to this session after you register for the morning session.
To qualify for the “Coffee with an Angel” you will need to fill in a one-page online business summary that we will pass onto your nominated angel so we can maximise the experience for you. Escalator will also include a free 'Investment Ready Assessment' normally worth $2,000 for all qualifying applicants.
If you are attending this afternoon session we would also recommend you attend one of the fully-funded Escalator workshops in your region.
The Auckland training workshops are:
- Power Pitching, Fri 5 March, Auckland CBD
- Power Pitching, Wed 24 March, Auckland CBD
- Essential Guide to Capital Raising, Wed 24 Mar, Auckland CBD
- Essential Guide to Capital Raising, Tues 6 April, Auckland CBD
- Power Pitching, Tues 6 April, Auckland CBD
To attend one of these additional seminars register here.
For more info call us, we're happy to help. Ask for Mark Robotham or Claire McGowan from Escalator on 0800 822 748.
Boys and girls, this is a goodie. Get registered now to secure your place .