The Signoffs from 99 have taken the title of Battle of the Ad Band 2018 champions in front of a sell-out crowd at Galatos.
For their efforts, 99 were awarded a production run of their own designed ice cream flavour from Much Moore Ice-Cream; their biggest song recorded by Big Pop Studios; a $500 lunch at Prego; a coffee run thanks to eighthirty coffee roasters; and, of course, the converted BOTAB trophy.
The 11th annual Commercial Communications Council event's theme was renegades, and the evening brought with it a full-on battle.
The first 200 people through the door received a a free Lucky Taco. The event was sponsored Apex Insurance, Big Pop Studios, Fortis Travel, Event Cinemas, eighthirty coffee roasters, Whittakers, Radio Hauraki, SOAR Print, My Food Bag, Prego and Much Moore Ice-Cream.
This year, nine of the best agency bands went head-to-head:
- Last year's winners, Fish Taco - Flying Fish
- Pegasus and the Job Numbers - Colenso BBDO
- FCBC - FCB
- The Strands - Saatchi & Saatchi
- Friends Electric - Barnes, Catmur & Friends Dentsu
- The Screaming O's - Ogilvy
- Rage Against the Machine-Learning - MB
- The Prototypes - Digital Arts Network + TBWA
- The Signoffs – 99