We’re a fast growing and award-winning creative brand & packaging agency that is on a hunt for a highly motivated Senior Account Manager to join our team.
We're looking for a hands-on team player, who is able to work across a number of client/projects simultaneously, who has a go-getter attitude and isn't afraid of taking on new challenges. You will be driving projects from initial brief through to end results.
You're the type of person that thrives on variety just as much as you enjoy impressing clients with your FMCG knowledge, creative problem solving, project management skills and consistency in meeting deadlines. You are comfortable working with large corporate clients just as much as medium size manufacturers, social enterprises, SMEs and start ups.
Whether it’s the development of a new brand identity, product packaging, website, a social media campaign or a full advertising campaign you are proficient in promoting ideas and helping businesses realise their objectives on pack and across a broad range of media.
What will you bring:
• A minimum of 3 years solid account management experience in FMCG packaging, digital and print.
• Experience with FMCG & Retail Clients and a thorough understanding of Packaging and Point of Sale
• A passion for food & beverage. If you’re a real foodie, even better
• An understanding of Food Standards Australia New Zealand (ANZFA) and how they inform packaging executions
• An understanding of, and interest in, the practice of marketing products & services
• An interest in sustainability and packaging end of life in a circular economy
• An interest in how NZ companies successfully market products for export
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of business, from creatives to executive level
• Mastery of time management - you pride yourself in delivering high quality and can effectively juggle multiple projects with competing priorities with poise and ease
• Meticulous with your attention to detail
• Budgeting, planning and project management skills
• Proficient in estimating, invoicing and forecasting
• Proficient in Workflow Max, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Xcel, Word & Outlook
• A friendly, personable and easy-going team player who is also proactive and able to work independently
• A demonstrated understanding of, and systematic approach to managing client expectations and budgets
• Confident in establishing and developing new relationships
• Able to maintain a flexible and calm attitude
• Able to provide direction and manage others in a collaborative way to deliver brilliant work for our clients
• Able to think strategically and creatively
• Excellent understanding of social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc)
A few of the perks
• Beautiful, contemporary offices
• Free street parking
• Staff Friday lunches
• Management coaching
• Incredible creative learning environment
Marx Design was born from a yearning to do things differently; to deliver innovative and effective work in markets that seemed saturated with sameness. For over a decade, this focus has been the cornerstone for a design studio that seeks to satisfy both our team’s curiosity and our client’s commercial challenges.
It makes sense that our partners are like-minded disruptors too. Working across packaging, brand, identity and communications, we gravitate towards innovators, entrepreneurs, manufacturers and corporates who think big and thrive on bravery. Together, we create powerful, idea-driven projects that engage audiences, create loyalty and drive success.
Success looks like many things to us, but it begins with sustainability. Products and packaging needn’t pollute the planet. As we develop our expertise, we see our future in advising better solutions for our clients and our environment.
Marx Design is an active member of Sustainable Business Network, Packaging Council of New Zealand, Design Assembly and The Designers Institute of New Zealand.
Check out our work at www.marxdesign.co.nz
Most importantly, it's your proactivity, positive vibes and commitment to getting stuff done that people enjoy most about working with you.
Please email for further information
Ben, your inspiration is worthy of the leadership position you have already been recognised for. As an [old-ish] person I wholeheartedly endorse your ambition and add this observation: - Kiwis are often too fearful of 'what-others-think-of-me' - Tall Poppy syndrome ...
The saddest thing about this post, is a reminder of how sh$t this industry is. A brand puts out an RFI to the industry, which you would guess anyone non-conflicted would have responded to? A local agency (yep, owned by ...
Ok... Can you actually help with this recurring for months now issue that is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo frustrating? I have mac laptop and iphone and ipad. Google authentication keeps saying the same message EVERY time I try to authenticate (to sync Google ...
What about the kiwi employees of who worked hard on the pitch for and will benefit from the BBDO win? https://media0.giphy.com/media/etUF7IcX4Lxs3KCSEH/giphy.gif
It's not uncommon for Kiwibank to use organisations outside of New Zealand. I understand they were using a South African organisation on their failed SAP project. Seems odd for a purpose driven organisation to not "live their brand".
Use the ICG Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: Mercer KiwiSaver by Tenfold
Why we like it: Stan, tell me more about your KiwiSaver habits, please. It really felt like he was going to break into song at some point during this spot, yet sadly, the recording studio and instruments are just a tease. Oh well, hopefully this ad will encourage more people to consider putting money into their KiwiSavers.
Who's it for: Drive Go (NZTA and ACC) by Strategy Creative
Why we like it: If only a quick watch of a 2D birds-eye-view video really could teach you how to parallel park, it would have saved a lot of cold sweats and nervous yelling back in my day. This ad does an excellent job of showing just how much pressure you feel like you're under when attempting to parallel park though. A word from the wise for this kid, the bright lime green car really doesn't help you look inconspicuous, though.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!