If you're looking for your next challenge in digital media sales then don't look past the opportunity of being Exponential's next Sales Manager.
As a Sales Manager at Exponential, you will manage existing client relationships, identify new business opportunities, develop relevant business plans, and ultimately drive revenue for the business.
You will deliver your assigned revenue quota by selling digital both performance, rich media and mobile advertising solutions across the Exponential platform.
Typically, you will drive the sales process from account identification to close and establish an ongoing client relationship, dealing with queries and issues as they arise.
Key Success Criteria
- Reach and exceed company and personal sales goals
- Develop excellent client / partner satisfaction
- Create and maintain accurate and up to date account and opportunity plans
- Manage client relationships to ensure high levels of client retention
- Develop the client relationship and business through effective campaign coordination, management, and analysis
- Maintain an accurate forecast and healthy pipeline of opportunities
- Achieve all KPIs for allocated sales patch
- Market Analysis/ Innovation
- Prospect to identify new sales opportunities as well as building on existing relationships to develop the account/client base
- Develop sales proposals and packages for new business opportunities, including any market research component
- Develop knowledge, expertise, and insight into the client’s business and key industries
- Leverage Exponential’s marketing programmes to strengthen prospect/client relationships and generate new sales opportunities
Client Relationship Management
- Develop successful relationships with clients with the goal of generating new sales opportunities
- Prioritise client satisfaction and resolve any issues quickly and effectively
- Devise and implement retention strategies to build client loyalty
- Proactively inform clients of promotional opportunities, incremental opportunities, Exponential case studies, events and so forth
- Provide accurate forecasts and business updates to the Sales Director on a regular basis
- Maintain accurate account/portfolio/territory plans
- Deliver the agreed monthly targets from assigned accounts/territories
- Conduct and document win/loss reviews for sales opportunities
- Deliver against all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Create Insertion Orders and deliver to clients
- Work with your dedicated Account Manager to manage the optimisation and performance of campaigns, communicating any changes to and resolving any issues with the client
- Meet regularly with Account Manager(s) to review active accounts so that all aspects of account administration are effectively managed
- Proactively share information about successful campaigns with colleagues
- Strong consultative selling, negotiating, and closing skills; working both independently and collaboratively with team members
- Confident and capable when presenting
- Proficient at project management and developing sales packages
- Outstanding written and verbal business communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of achieving and exceeding revenue goals
- Proven ability in strategically operating and managing agency accounts that lead to revenue growth
- 3+ years of sales experience
- Disciplined self-starter who is able to work autonomously as well as being an integral team member
- Determined, adaptable, and confident
- Customer-service focused and results oriented with proven performance
- Infectious passion for digital advertising, technology and emerging trends
- Solid understanding of the digital advertising space
- A thorough existing network of digital clients/agency relationships
- Thorough experience of working with key agencies and clients within the territory
- Thorough understanding of an audience and technology based sell
- Knowledge on how a network functions, associated performance metrics, as well as optimisation methodologies
To apply or for more info, please email or call Sarah O'Carroll - Sales Director on 027 659 1759 or email@example.com
Classic Roy. Really nice.
Great insight. But long, boring, occasionally funny, agency-self-indulgent execution.
Couldn't happen to a nicer agency.
Disagree. But you could say that about True too. True who?
A great hype machine for sure.
Thanks for your comment, Colenso employee. The DB Export ad is decent, you're right. It's also the only decent thing Colenso has done in a looooooong time.
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the ICG Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: Bank of New Zealand by Colenso BBDO
Why we like it: Despite the fact part of us feels like the occasional outrageous ice cream would equal a healthier savings account than the longtime money drain that is a dog, this ad is quite charming. Brands are waking up to the reality that dads do actually parent their children and it is always lovely to see on screen. With a sweet acoustic song, a cute little girl and a montage of wholesome activities, this has all the hallmarks of a bank ad, but it is a nice one.
Who's it for: Trade Me by VMLY&R
Why we like it: The road to hell may be paved with good intentions – but what else would we fill a garage with? You've got to store your junk somewhere and the beauty of hoarding useless items is that between the guilt over buying into materialism, there are generally moments of glorious delusion that you really will use that Ab King Pro – or treadmill – one day. Trade Me is positioning itself as the solution here and in terms of an enjoyable watch it works, but we're still not quite ready to part with our vintage roller skates just yet.
Who's it for: ASB Bank by True
Why we like it: A song, a dance, a poem, diversity – it's all good stuff! ASB utilises some genuine Kiwi talent in this spot and focuses on its inclusiveness towards all New Zealanders. It's a simple concept, but it is executed well and that makes it a delight to watch. To some, it may seem a bit on the nose but we'll never complain about celebrating diversity.
Who's it for: DB Export by Colenso BBDO
Why we like it: This is a Valentine's Day ad like you've never seen before – and given the number of scenes that qualify as oversharing, you may never want to see again. Regardless, it's tongue-in-cheek and plays into DB Export's target audience's (presumed, although it is 2019) deepest desire: a relationship built on a shared love of beer. The song, 'I'm Drinking of You' is catchy, and, at times, genuinely funny so this bold move definitely gets a tick for being memorable.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!