We are looking for a dynamic, professional and presentable Recruitment Consultant (Talent Agent if you prefer) with a minimum of 5 years experience in a client facing, recruitment or sales role. This person may come from the agency account management world or maybe a senior recruiter looking to get into a more boutique operator in the Marketing, Digital, Design and Creative sector.
The ideal person will have established his or her own personal brand with a solid career and CV to match. They will not be a stranger to consistently high service levels, conscientious business practices, energy, style, and flair – all wrapped up in a ‘winning’ attitude.
They will have excellent planning, organisational and client management skills, commercial acumen and be able to motivate people around them but will also be hands-on and action orientated. The ability to adapt and manage workload against evolving dynamic business priorities and coordination of multiple individual projects is vital to success in this role.
As a Senior Recruitment Consultant, you will manage a portfolio of twenty established and growing corporate clients daily, along with their ongoing talent resourcing needs. You’ll be kept busy managing the sales, recruitment and booking of all talent (full-time, contract & freelance), participating in the acquisition and retention of new applicants, advising and managing candidate’s expectations, all while answering the short and long-term talent sourcing needs of the client.
• 8 years (min) commercial experience
• 5 years (min) proven experience in client relationship management, sales, recruitment or human resources
• Has managed and dealt with a large varied book of clientele
• Strong in client service ethic
• Developing and executing successful new relationships
• Building, maintaining and facilitating ongoing relationships with a variety of Corporate and SME clients, offering advice when required
• Actively pitching talented candidates with flair and passion
• Interviewing and working alongside candidates to develop their career goals, while providing sound support and advice
• Writing talent recommendations, negotiating rate/salary structures, confirming bookings & interviews, scripting talent briefs, advising on recruitment processes and overall administration
• Developing and executing talent acquisition and sourcing plans
• Managing internal financial admin – invoices, managing monthly revenue, meeting desired agent targets and margins
• Working/collaborating in a dynamic team and assisting in the management of a junior recruiter
• Strong interest & knowledge of the marketing, design, creative, digital, development, media and production industries
• Excellent communication skills (not afraid to get on the phone)
• Happy to express a strong yet informed opinion
• Business acumen – not afraid to voice ideas for the business internally
• Familiar with Mac computer systems
• Use of initiative & highly pro-active
• Exposure to business and relationship development
• Competitive base salary with an uncapped commission structure (paid monthly)
• 4.5-day work week. We’re out of the office at 12.30pm on Fridays
• Mac Laptop Computer
• Phone plan
• Corporate client events – Marketing Awards and Twilight Races, just to name a few
This is a pivotal role within a growing company. You will be challenged with achieving sales targets and helping to grow the business in a fast-paced role, though you’ll be remunerated accordingly (including commissions and bonuses).
For the right person, this role offers flexibility, challenges and the opportunity to grow with the business, financial gain and ultimately make this role their own at a higher level with a company on the move.
Apply Today or Tomorrow
If this role sounds like you e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a brief summary on why you are right for the role or call Will Gregory or Leighton Howl for more information – 09 373 3791
Please only apply if you have a valid NZ work visa.
About The Pond
The Pond is New Zealand’s number one premium talent management and recruitment agency, representing the country’s best professional talent across marketing, creative, design, advertising, digital, media, marketing and content production.
Our tight-knit team of 9 specialise in managing talent resourcing for over 250 creative agencies and corporate business alike, across freelance, contract & full-time employment.
On the one hand, we provide clients with flexible access to the best and most professional talent Live in the market. And on the other hand, we help individuals realise their market value and career potential.
We’re based in an open creative space just off K-Road, and we can often be found down the way at Daily Daily (the new local) enjoying a caffeine fix or down at Azabu reflecting on the week over a few drinks. We are a passionate small team, loyal to our clients and our candidates and each other.
We are a tight-knit team of 9 with mixed vices & personalities:
• Leighton loves great stories, fast horses and triple-shot flat whites
• Will loves tennis, a good pinot, closing deals and celebrating big wins
• Penny loves the gym, gingers and gin
• Catherine loves exploring New Zealand, reading and fancy French wine
• Luke loves all things design, craft beer and carbs (subway specifically)
• Anna loves rosé, her flat’s dog Nancy and NZ fashion designers
• Ashan loves the ukulele, bad jokes and his friends and family
• Martin loves classical music and numbers, which is good because he’s our accountant
• We don’t know what Flynn likes because he starts next week
Don't mind Sky. Sport is still great! They will bounce back!!!
Happy Birthday Facebook Thanks for bringing us the ability to target anti-vaccers, Holocaust Deniers, bugging my phone without my knowledge, not paying any tax, building an eco system off fake likes & engagement, helping a genocide in Myanmar flourish, create ...
Totally ... possibly the worst branding I've seen for quite a while. Isn't a brand supposed to be memorable and meaningful?
Basically it means creative agency merges with digital media agency ... and these guys are supposed to be gurus in communication lol
Love the song which i think is why it has so many hits on ytube- people trying to find out who sings it- but the comments section is disabled.
Classic Roy. Really nice.
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the ICG Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: The Edge by the in-house team
Why we like it: Infomercial-style ads take us right back to the glorious days of old when we were sick – but not too sick – home from school and got the sought-after opportunity to watch daytime TV. There was literally nothing greater in an eight-year-old's life. So for that reason, these ads get a big tick from us. There's humour, and, despite what often happens when radio hosts venture into a visual format, it doesn't miss the mark.
Who's it for: House of Travel by the in-house team
Why we like it: Who doesn't love when brands bring back a break-out star from one of their earlier campaigns? To be completely honest, we didn't recognise Lucy on first glance, but after a quick trip down memory lane, we placed her as Miss Lucy from that singing and dancing retro campaign House of Travel launched more than a decade ago. We like the continuity of this ad and watching a man choke on his drink after a snapback from a woman doesn't hurt either.
Who's it for: Joblist by Badger Communications
Why we like it: Sonia is a dead-set hero. We are introduced to her glamorous, visor-wearing face peering out from behind a freshly-levelled hedge and the next thing we know she's no ordinary arborist. We watch Sonia as she looks into that shrub's soul and reveals the schnauzer-shaped masterpiece of her own creation. We never knew we needed someone with Sonia's skill set in our lives, but now we know we do. Thank you Sonia for showing us the light.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!