We are looking for a dynamic, professional recruitment consultant (Talent Agent if you prefer) with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a client-facing, recruitment or sales role. This person may come from the marketing or sales world or maybe an established recruiter looking to get into a more specialist agency working in the “on-trend” employment sectors or Marketing, Digital, and Creative.
The ideal person will have established his or her own personal brand with a solid career and CV to match. They will not be a stranger to consistently high service levels, conscientious business practices, energy, style, and flair – all wrapped up in a ‘winning’ attitude.
They will have excellent planning, organisational and client management skills, commercial acumen and be able to motivate clients around them, but will also be hands-on and action orientated. The ability to adapt and manage workload against evolving small business priorities and coordination of multiple individual projects is vital to success in this role.
As a Senior Recruitment Agent, you will manage a portfolio of twenty established and growing corporate clients daily, along with their ongoing talent resourcing needs. You’ll be kept busy managing the sales, recruitment and booking of all talent (full-time, contract & freelance), participating in the acquisition and retention of new talent, advising and managing candidates expectations, all while answering the short and long-term staffing needs of the client.
- 4 years (min)
- Proven experience in recruitment, human resources, client management or sales
- Has managed and dealt with a large varied book of clientele
- Strong in client service ethic
- Developing and executing successful new relationships
- Building, maintaining and facilitating ongoing relationships with a variety of Corporate and SME clients, offering advice when required
- Actively pitching talented senior candidates with flair and passion
- Interviewing and working alongside candidates to develop their career goals, while providing sound support and advice
- Negotiating rate/salary structures, confirming bookings & interviews, advising on recruitment processes and overall administration
- Developing and executing talent acquisition and sourcing plans
- Managing internal financial admin – contractor invoices, meeting desired recruiter targets
- Interest & knowledge of the marketing, creative, digital industries
- Excellent communication skills (not afraid to get on the phone)
- Business acumen – not afraid to voice ideas for the business internally
- Use of initiative & highly pro-active
- Familiar with Mac computer systems
- Advanced and uncapped commission structure (paid the month following)
- New Mac Laptop Computer
- 4.5-day working week (finish 12:30 pm Friday)
- Attend high profile industry events
- Weekly CRM & Marketing support
- Appointed two new clients a month
Apply Today or Tomorrow
If this role sounds like you e-mail The Pond Director, Leighton Howl, firstname.lastname@example.org or HR consultant Christy Warn with your CV, email@example.com and a brief summary on why you are perfect for the role or call Leighton Howl directly on 021 702573 for a confidential discussion about this opportunity.
About The Pond
The Pond is committed to becoming New Zealand’s number one specialist recruiter in the Creative & Design, Digital & Tech and Marketing & Media sectors. We are focused on finding the best talent in the market, that last the distance and help transform our clients’ business or brand in the right direction. Established in 2006, with a central Auckland location, The Pond is driven by a dedicated team of 10 experienced recruiters and talent managers who get results for our clients daily. To support this claim our audited recruitment average is 4.1 years, so the people we place do stick.
Please only apply if you have a valid NZ work Visa
You're shrinking but your grand plan is to leverage your scale. That's why the pay these boys the big bucks, it's a council of great minds.
Why do we need more tourists when most of our best spots are full up with a never ending horde of people - to be honest we need to cap the numbers coming in?
You are a legend Andrew. Go well mate.
Simon, Rogan and team did a tremendous job. I believe the publisher shareholders have made the wrong call. Happy to be proven wrong but expect this will result in more spend going to the duopoly.
Yep. Sold off Ogilvy and Kantar and closed down designworks Wellington.
The big sell off is underway.
Use the ICG Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who’s it for: KiwiRail and TrackSafeNZ by DDB
Why we like it: Watching this spot definitely provoked a visceral reaction. And while watching the real-life footage is stressful, this ad implores people to think about the impacts of the near misses on the train drivers themselves. The half-crosses are also a clever nod to just how close these near misses could have been a fatality. Well done to DDB for making us remember the people for whom these situations stick with for a long time.
Who’s it for: Electric Kiwi, created in-house
Why we like it: We’ve all had those days – you get a flat tyre or forget your raincoat, or the cat runs away. However, a Kiwi attitude (and a free hour of power from Electric Kiwi) is there to get through those bad times with a smile on your face. We also love the cheeky, can-do nature of this ad as it's well-matched to Electric Kiwi's position as a challenger brand.
Who’s it for: Sealy of Australia by DDB
Why we like it: While this spot is for an Australian company, we enjoyed DDB’s deep-dive into mattress making for Sealy. With continuous camera movement, attention to detail and showcasing of technology, it illustrates what a surprisingly fascinating and innovating process making a mattress is.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!