Our client is looking for a talented, experienced intermediate mobile app designer. This Mobile expert would slot seamlessly into the digital team who work across one of NZ's largest piece of mobile infrastructure. The new hire will work closely with the existing team to conceptualise, design and analyse the next generation of mobile app interfaces on both iOS and Android platforms.
Reporting to the Digital Creative Director, the Auckland-based designer will take responsibility for all new mobile app & interface designs for the Auckland arm of the agency and will have the ability and versatility to spread their expertise over multiple projects where needed. This person will have worked in mobile app design for more at least 4 years, agency or corporate experience is an added bonus.
As a user interface expert, you’ll also be working closely with other designers across different web channels and CMS systems and platforms. A collaborative work attitude is key and when needed the chosen candidate may be expected to design for desktop experiences as well as app design.
You’ll need to be meticulous and have a true natural flair in their design detail while having the ability to pick up the pace and be fast, efficient and overcome challenges when required – a balance of both would be ideal!
• Min 4 + years in mobile application design
• Responsive design standards, component-driven design
• Android and iOS platforms
• Interaction Design
• Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with project managers and engineers
• Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
• Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how apps function and look like
• Design, management and maintenance of the iOS and Android applications
• Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
• Work alongside in-house iOS, Android and developers
• Responsible for managing the entire user flow and experience of the mobile apps from concept to creation
• Manage workflow, breaking down and allocating work into actionable chunks
• Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse range of both collogues and clients
• Tertiary qualification (preferred)
Personality & Culture Fit:
• Self-driven and motivated
• Positive, personable, with a calm attitude
• Confident team player
• Driven to achieve design excellence
Salary Range & Benefits:
• $90 – $100K + Kiwisaver
• Quick career development opportunities
• Put your name to one large NZ application
• Direct mentoring from Digital Creative Director
• Central Auckland location
Commencement & Ideal start date
• Mid-late February (notice periods are not an issue)
Let The Pond agents help you realise your global market value and future career potential in Auckland, New Zealand.
Apply today or get in touch for a private conversation about your career and how this role may help take it to the next level e-mail: email@example.com or call 027 844 9107.
Please only apply if you have a valid NZ work visa.
Where was this filmed please
Dairy is super damaging to children's health. It's a shame that ads like this are still being made.
Hi I watch press tv live and note that google has taken it offline with no apparent reason. It would be appreciated if you could open this channel as this is the only news channel I love and trust in ...
This is so well said and should be compulsory industry reading. Thank you.
Hi Jeff, totally agree. It isn't 3 million unique people seeing the content as there will be 'duplications'. That said, receiving the content from multiple friends/ connections will only strengthen the message, thanks Dave
Can you get your very unprofessional credit team to stop oppressing a widow for a debt they insist was incurred by her late husband who has been dead for three years. They never front up they never sign their reply ...
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the ICG Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: NZME
Why we like it: Now this video is a behind-the-scenes look at the making of NZME's latest campaign, Find Your Voice, but it's a verifiable who's-who of the media company's cast lists. It seems unlikely that it's a coincidence that NZME have chosen to dress its stars in all black, when rival media company MediaWorks launched a new brand ad less than a month ago starring its cast in all white. But monochrome is in, we suppose. As NZME's broadcasters, journalists and radio DJs proclaim they are just normal people, the question has to be asked: did anyone think they weren't?
Who's it for: McDonald's NZ
Why we like it: There's never a more important time to celebrate the blessing that is an all-day breakfast than over a holiday weekend. "Alarm clocks be damned'" we say as we force ourselves to lay down the burden of a capitalist society and pretend we can function with more sleep than normal and four straight days of leisure time in a row. While some may crumble under the pressure of filling each luxuriously free day, others take comfort in the security that a Macca's breakfast will be there for us no matter what the time of day.
Who's it for: Les Mills
Why we like it: If you are one of the handful of New Zealanders who didn't gorge themselves on chocolate over the long weekend then this niche ad is just for you! As if sweating it out with the masses wasn't hard enough, now you can BodyPump to your heart's content by leading the pack with a nifty microphone and lashings of endurance training under your belt. But this top goal isn't for everyone, only extremely chipper, attractive exercisers need apply.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!