Our client is looking for a talented, experienced intermediate mobile app designer. This Mobile expert would slot seamlessly into the digital team who work across one of NZ's largest piece of mobile infrastructure. The new hire will work closely with the existing team to conceptualise, design and analyse the next generation of mobile app interfaces on both iOS and Android platforms.
Reporting to the Digital Creative Director, the Auckland-based designer will take responsibility for all new mobile app & interface designs for the Auckland arm of the agency and will have the ability and versatility to spread their expertise over multiple projects where needed. This person will have worked in mobile app design for more at least 4 years, agency or corporate experience is an added bonus.
As a user interface expert, you’ll also be working closely with other designers across different web channels and CMS systems and platforms. A collaborative work attitude is key and when needed the chosen candidate may be expected to design for desktop experiences as well as app design.
You’ll need to be meticulous and have a true natural flair in their design detail while having the ability to pick up the pace and be fast, efficient and overcome challenges when required – a balance of both would be ideal!
• Min 4 + years in mobile application design
• Responsive design standards, component-driven design
• Android and iOS platforms
• Interaction Design
• Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with project managers and engineers
• Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
• Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how apps function and look like
• Design, management and maintenance of the iOS and Android applications
• Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
• Work alongside in-house iOS, Android and developers
• Responsible for managing the entire user flow and experience of the mobile apps from concept to creation
• Manage workflow, breaking down and allocating work into actionable chunks
• Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse range of both collogues and clients
• Tertiary qualification (preferred)
Personality & Culture Fit:
• Self-driven and motivated
• Positive, personable, with a calm attitude
• Confident team player
• Driven to achieve design excellence
Salary Range & Benefits:
• $90 – $100K + Kiwisaver
• Quick career development opportunities
• Put your name to one large NZ application
• Direct mentoring from Digital Creative Director
• Central Auckland location
Commencement & Ideal start date
• Mid-late February (notice periods are not an issue)
Let The Pond agents help you realise your global market value and future career potential in Auckland, New Zealand.
Apply today or get in touch for a private conversation about your career and how this role may help take it to the next level e-mail: email@example.com or call 027 844 9107.
Please only apply if you have a valid NZ work visa.
Well done to you guys. You have all earned it. Welcome back to the world of salary ratios and bad global business at wonderful margins!
Congratulations MBM! Some of the smartest, hardest working and most humble people I know.
Congratulations to all involved - MBM have been a phenomenal local success story!
Awful, awful senior management, mostly two people with the same last names. It is hideous that this country has allowed this man to remain in business when he has done SO much damage to people. He should not be allowed ...
What are the chances the new Ogilvy will have the same sick culture it has had for the past 20 years?
Apologies, I note that the article doesn't contain my contact details. If you'd like to chat or discuss anything you can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or hit up my LinkedIn ( https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-lawson-66854612/ ) Cheers.
Use the ICG Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who’s it for: ASB by True
Why we like it: Following up her successful ‘Stick’ start-up business, young Hana has hit another sweet spot with her orange smiles. No country loves rugby as much as New Zealand — even after the weekend's drama— so this is sure to be a winner. Why would turn down an orange at halftime? If only all our childhood ventures could end with the All Blacks turning up for a selfie.
Who’s it for: AMI by Colenso BBDO
Why we like it: Even though we’d rather spend our hard-earned dollars on something else, it’s important to have insurance. And when/if terrible things happen, kindness is also very important too. Nice to see AMI celebrate a humane touch and understanding for what can be a frightening and confusing time for people.
Who’s it for: Sky by DDB New Zealand
Why we like it: It would be good to have a bit of help when arguing with our partners just to ensure the best shot is taken, and Sky does this with humour and style in this spot. Part of the ‘Life Needs More Sport’ campaign, all three ads released so far are entertaining sporty-spins on what can be mundane parts of life.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!