To provide design and pre-press services to ICG Media editorial and sales teams for the creation of world-class magazine, website, sales and video content.
In order to fulfill the requirements for this role, you will be expected to:
• Coordinate and design artwork, advertising, content, magazine layouts, eDMs, and other material for brand work as required by the senior designer or publishing team, on time and on budget
• To create accurate, well produced and designed artwork files utilising industry software and to keep acquainted with latest technology and software developments; responsible for generating high res print-ready pdf files including acquiring hi res image files; assuring file integrity, structure and content are of best possible quality to obtain the best final product for print intended for promotion at retail and beyond; knowing where in-house design retouching approach is required versus outsourcing
• Supporting production flow by multi-tasking pre-press and digital content digital executions across communities, with flexible work hours given varying production deadlines
• Confer with clients (internal and external) to determine objectives, budget and background to enable full understanding, and or to refine, client briefs, along with any other duties as reasonably specified by Manager
The ideal applicant will have the following qualifications, knowledge, experience, and personal attributes:
• 2 years demonstrated experience working with industry standard products & tools such as Adobe Creative Suite; application knowledge including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator including basic retouching
• Passionate about design while remaining empathetic to client needs
• Ability to effectively communicate with staff and clients at all levels
• Great attention to detail, and timeliness with tasks – ability to manage time-sensitive projects
• Ability to multi-task and be client service focused while self-managing with strong problem-solving skills
• Combined passion for aesthetics with commitment to company’s bottom line
In addition to having the above skills, to apply for this role you would need to fulfill the criteria to be eligible to work in New Zealand.
If you think this is you then please forward your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
It'd be interesting to see if TVNZ's $17m loss wasn't written off.
TVNZ isnt the main issue. TV3's real competition is Google & Facebook who are hoovering up all the media spend and having the added advantage of having a tax free existence.
Or a case of the competition having a blank cheque with tax payers money
Clown's looking for something client-side
It could be suggested that this is better written comedy than anything on TV3, but it's actually just a tragic tale about leadership incompetence.
The clown looks like he could nail a few scripts and concepts to... a team maybe?
Use the ICG Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who is it for? Special Group for Education New Zealand
Why we like it: For us native Kiwis, we like to think our society as forward-thinking and accepting, especially for international students. Education New Zealand has done well to promote that side of us, answering the tough question for brave students tripping it halfway across the world to study.
Who is it for? The Mental Health Foundation for Huffer
Why we like it: Truly a proper way to incorporate a music video into a brand story for more than just novelty (Looking at you Air New Zealand). Mental health is a conversation that is only getting more important to have, yet brands can walk a fine line between helping, and merely using it as a conversation starter for the label. Huffer, however, has nailed it. The music video has the main focus of people at its heart, showing respect and proper concern for mental health awareness.
Who is it for? Colenso BBDO for BNZ
Why we like it: You can't go wrong injecting terribly adorable children into a wholesome family story. BNZ does well here to show how banking does connect to our personal growth and future. Personally, when my older sister and I got our own rooms she installed her own padlock to keep me out.
Who is it for? DDB for AA Insurance
Why we like it: I beg for DDB to send me the behind the screens. How was this done? How does the curtain move with the unicorn? How do the blocks crumble under the T-Rex? I have so many questions. Regardless of my limited knowledge of green screen and post-film production, it is a great ad, that simply delivers the message that we need insurance because humans are clumsy, boisterous, messy creatures with ugly, smashable, lamps in our homes.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!