McHugh Media is New Zealand's leading integrated media publishing company, setting the benchmark for branded content and premium publishing. With three print magazines and accompanying digital platforms, McHugh Media is looking for an experienced Advertising Manager to grow the team. You will sell engaging branded content to new and existing clients, increasing the reputation and visibility of McHugh Media's branded content offering, across each of our premium platforms.
The successful applicant will have proven digital media sales experience and will bring pre-existing agency and brand relationships with them. Your performance will be based on your ability to ignite, develop and close sales opportunities across a range of brand categories.
Your focus will be on building new client relationships and securing digital business. Key duties will include:
- Selling creative branded content solutions, video and supporting media across the full MiNDFOOD portfolio to new and existing clients/agencies
- Liaising internally with the Integration team to attend meetings, provide branded and creative responses to briefs and proactively grow branded content and digital sales across all company's platforms
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of saleable branded content and media options.
- We are looking for a self-motivated individual with experience in planning and forecasting their own sales performance, with a view to meeting and exceeding agreed targets.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Pre-sale planning and post-sale management and execution.
- Working closely with relevant teams to schedule campaigns into internal systems, resolving inventory conflicts, and meeting production timelines.
- Client facing and pitching experience and ability to handle working around ever-shifting deadlines.
- Ensuring that proposals are delivered back to clients on time and within budget.
- Cold calling/emailing to arrange meetings with clients and agencies to prospect for new business.
- Keeping abreast of competitor press and agency developments.
- Gathering market and customer information
- Providing wrap reports and campaigns case studies to all branded content campaigns in order to prove our delivery against client objectives.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Proficient and creative use in preparing proposals.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in sales/account management, preferably in online digital advertising.
- Proven sales success.
- Self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritise work assignments, meet deadlines, and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Thorough understanding of the branded content, digital advertising and video industry.
- Strong networker with proactive, customer focused and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong attention to detail and desire to excel at client handling.
Classic Roy. Really nice.
Great insight. But long, boring, occasionally funny, agency-self-indulgent execution.
Couldn't happen to a nicer agency.
Disagree. But you could say that about True too. True who?
A great hype machine for sure.
Thanks for your comment, Colenso employee. The DB Export ad is decent, you're right. It's also the only decent thing Colenso has done in a looooooong time.
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the ICG Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: Bank of New Zealand by Colenso BBDO
Why we like it: Despite the fact part of us feels like the occasional outrageous ice cream would equal a healthier savings account than the longtime money drain that is a dog, this ad is quite charming. Brands are waking up to the reality that dads do actually parent their children and it is always lovely to see on screen. With a sweet acoustic song, a cute little girl and a montage of wholesome activities, this has all the hallmarks of a bank ad, but it is a nice one.
Who's it for: Trade Me by VMLY&R
Why we like it: The road to hell may be paved with good intentions – but what else would we fill a garage with? You've got to store your junk somewhere and the beauty of hoarding useless items is that between the guilt over buying into materialism, there are generally moments of glorious delusion that you really will use that Ab King Pro – or treadmill – one day. Trade Me is positioning itself as the solution here and in terms of an enjoyable watch it works, but we're still not quite ready to part with our vintage roller skates just yet.
Who's it for: ASB Bank by True
Why we like it: A song, a dance, a poem, diversity – it's all good stuff! ASB utilises some genuine Kiwi talent in this spot and focuses on its inclusiveness towards all New Zealanders. It's a simple concept, but it is executed well and that makes it a delight to watch. To some, it may seem a bit on the nose but we'll never complain about celebrating diversity.
Who's it for: DB Export by Colenso BBDO
Why we like it: This is a Valentine's Day ad like you've never seen before – and given the number of scenes that qualify as oversharing, you may never want to see again. Regardless, it's tongue-in-cheek and plays into DB Export's target audience's (presumed, although it is 2019) deepest desire: a relationship built on a shared love of beer. The song, 'I'm Drinking of You' is catchy, and, at times, genuinely funny so this bold move definitely gets a tick for being memorable.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!