It’s time to spruce up and package your internet presence into winning applications for the 14th Webby Awards. The awards are an internationally respected symbol of success in the digital medium. Last year’s awards received nearly 10,000 entries from over 60 countries worldwide. There are more than 100 categories covering websites, interactive advertising, online video and mobile.
In 2009 www.justaddnewzealanders.com won the website category for associations and Flight of the Conchords won both the Webby and People’s Voice awards in the TV website category. www.netbasics.org.nz was a finalist in Best Use of Animation of Motion Graphics.
Winners are chosen by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences (IADAS), a global organisation of industry experts and technology innovators, including as David Bowie, Matt Groening, Jamie Oliver and Alex Bogusky.
Some of last year’s special achievement awards:
- 15 September – 14th annual call for entries begins
- 30 October – early entry deadline (discounted entry fee)
- 18 December – regular entry deadline
- 29 January 2010 – extended entry deadline
- 13 April 2010 – People’s Voice Awards voting begins
- 29 April 2010 – People’s Voice Awards voting ends
- 4 May 2010 – Webby Award and People’s Voice Award Winners announced
- 14 June 2010 – The 14th Annual Webby Gala, NYC
It’s all at www.webbyawards.com.