New Zealand is increasingly seen as two nations: Auckland and the rest. Unsurprisingly, the growth in Auckland is sucking up plenty of attention—and plenty of money. But 'the rest' is still crucially important to the nation's prosperity and the regions remain the engine of the Kiwi economy. Marketing is all about understanding—and connecting with—your target audience. And when it comes to media habits, those in the marcomms sector, as last year's Nielsen survey showed, can't really be described as normal. As a result, city slickers who work in this industry are in danger of falling into an urban echo chamber and may not understand the important role newspapers still play in the regions (who's going to argue with Warren Buffett and WPP's Sir Martin Sorrell?). So test—and improve—your regional knowledge by taking our quiz below and all those who complete it will go into the draw to win a two night Air New Zealand Deluxe Mystery Break for two somewhere in New Zealand*.
Competition terms & conditions
1. Entries must be received during the Promotional Period. Promotion commences at 10:00 am on Friday 25 September 2016 and will finish at 11.59pm on Friday 9 October 2016.
2. Employees of the News Works, Tangible Media and associated companies and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
3. To enter the promotion, entrants must provide their full name, company name, current and valid email address and phone number.
4. The winners will be notified by email or phone.
5. The prize on offer is one 2 Night Deluxe Mystery Breaks Package for two people.
*See full prize details here.
This story is part of a content partnership with News Works