Music streaming service Spotify recently conducted a dubious survey in a few different markets to find out the most misquoted song lyrics. Surprisingly, AC/DC's Thunderstruck, which definitely features the words 'I was caught in the middle of a rhino attack', or the Aussie anthem, which definitely features the words 'Australians all let us ring Joyce', didn't make any of the lists.
Here's the Australian list:
1. "Hold me closer, Tony Danza'' (Hold me closer, Tiny Dancer - Elton John, Tiny Dancer) - 19 percent
2. "See that girl, watch her scream, kicking the dancing queen" (See that girl, watch that scene, digging the dancing queen - ABBA, Dancing Queen) - 13 percent
3. "Sweet dreams are made of cheese'' (Sweet dreams are made of this - Eurythmics, Sweet Dreams) - 12 percent
4. "In New York, concrete jungle wet dream tomato" (In New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of - Jay-Z, Empire State of Mind) - 11 percent
5. "Honestly, you promised me I'm never gonna find your bacon" (Honestly, you promised me I'm never gonna find you fake it - Avril Lavigne, Complicated) - 11 percent
6. "It doesn't make a difference if we're naked or not" (It doesn't make a difference if we make it or not - Bon Jovi, Livin' on a Prayer) - 8 percent
7. "Excuse me while I kiss this guy" (Excuse me while I kiss the sky - Jimi Hendrix, Purple Haze) - 7 percent
8. "Come on Barbie, let's go potty" (Come on Barbie, let's go party - Aqua, Barbie Girl) - 7 percent.
9. "I'm a hip shaking llama, I love you" (My hip shaking mama, I love you - Flume, Holdin' On) - 6 percent
10. "Should I give up, or should I just keep chasing penguins?" (Should I give up, or should I just keep chasing pavements? - Adele, Chasing Pavements) - 3 percent
Here's the US version:
1. Manfred Mann's Earth Band, Blinded By the Light (52%)
WRONG: "Blinded by the light ... wrapped up like a douche when you're rollin' in the night"
RIGHT: "Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night"
2. Jimi Hendrix, Purple Haze (19%)
WRONG: "Scuse me, while I kiss this guy"
RIGHT: "Scuse me, while I kiss the sky"
3. The Clash, Rock the Casbah (14%)
WRONG: "Rock the cat box"
RIGHT: "Rock the Casbah"
4. Elton John, Tiny Dancer (13%)
WRONG: "Hold me closer Tony Danza"
RIGHT: "Hold me closer tiny dancer"
5. Credence Clearwater Revival, Bad Moon Rising (12%)
WRONG: "There's a bathroom on the right"
RIGHT: "There's a bad moon on the rise"
6. Guns N' Roses, Paradise City (10%)
WRONG: "Take me down to a very nice city"
RIGHT: "Take me down to the paradise city"
7. Van Halen, Panama (9%)
8. Far East Movement, Like a G6 (8%)
WRONG: "Like a cheese stick"
RIGHT: "Like a G6"
9. TLC, Waterfalls (7%)
WRONG: "Don't go Jason waterfalls"
RIGHT: "Don't go chasing waterfalls"
10. Macy Gray, I Try (4%)
WRONG: "I blow bubbles when you are not here"
RIGHT: "My world crumbles when you are not near"
And here are the UK winners, led by the Eurythmics, with almost one third of respondents thinking the song is an ode to the dreaminess of dairy.