In keeping with an ongoing tradition, a few industry players gave us their take on the year for our annual opinion harvest. Here's what Bryan Crawford, chairman and group chief executive of FCB New Zealand and Australia and vice chair of FCB's global network, thought about 2014.
1. Favourite local campaign that isn't yours
NZTA - Local Legends. The legend continues.
2. Favourite campaign that is yours
Because this is like trying to choose which one of your children you love the most I’m going with 'Favourite Child Detector' for Prime TV's Modern Family.
3. Favourite international campaign
Because it’s Christmas I’ll go with John Lewis’ Penguin
4. Least favourite campaign
UK Bookmaker Paddy Power probably hit an all time low with their Oscar Pistorius 'Money back if he walks' print campaign
5. Your own biggest success
Being named New Zealand’s Most Effective Agency at this year's Effies for a wide body of work across our client portfolio.
6. Favourite magazine/website/TV show/radio show/podcast/news service/app/song/other
TV Shows – True Detective & House of Lies
Favourite App – Uber (except in New Zealand and India)
Favourite NZ Apps – Air New Zealand and our own FCB parking app
Favourite Magazine – definitely Conde Nast Traveller
7. Most ridiculous buzzword
Dirty Politics. Also a statement of the bleeding obvious.
8. Best innovation
The selfie stick.
9. Most over-hyped ‘innovation’
10. Best brands
Newcastle Brown Ale, a brand that proved honesty and advertising can co-exist with 'If we made it'.
11. Best stoush
Lewis Stanton’s fight with the Nelson City Council over parking for his horse and cart
The New Zealand voting public in the General Election.
Maybe U2 qualify for forcing their album on 500 million desktops and iPhones regardless of whether you wanted it or not.
14. Predictions for 2015
It will be vintage!
- According to Font's recent survey, 43 percent of marketing professionals in New Zealand are looking to change jobs next year and 65 percent will be re-evaluating career plans over the Christmas period. So check out some of the roles Font has on offer here and have a gander at the infographic based on the survey results here.