With public broadcasting increasingly seen as a 'nice to have' by the National government, it's all about the money for TVNZ these days. The $14-ish million TiVo mistake was obviously on the wrong side of that ledger, but the national broadcaster also had some big wins in 2011 and, judging by the extravagance of the 2012 new season launch, confidence is high for more success—both for ratings and ad spend—this year. General manager of marketing Annemarie Duff offers her two cents.
1) Favourite campaign that isn’t yours: Definitely Ghost Chips
3) Least favourite campaign: Party political ads. Only every three years thank goodness.
4) Best brand: TV ONE - Christchurch news coverage, RWC , new local drama Nothing Trivial and an election all in one year.
5) Best stoush: Teapot gate.
6) Heroes: Bob Parker, Graham Henry and Stephen Donald.
7) Villains: The Earthquake.
8) Most memorable marketing moment: Would have to be Telecom's abstain campaign.