In keeping with an ongoing tradition, a few industry players gave us their take on the year for our annual opinion harvest. Here's what Paul Hancox, commercial director at MediaWorks, thought about 2014.
1. Favourite local campaign that isn't yours
Spark's The Boroughs. Ground breaking. I love it.
2. Favourite campaign that is yours
For me it’s 3. It has the human touch and insights into what Mike McRoberts and co are really like.
3. Favourite international campaign
The Jaguar #GoodToBeBad campaign starring various British villains.
4. Least favourite campaign
I’m sure there is a brand whose campaigns are usually amazing, but who were a bit off form in a campaign last year….but everyone tries hard.
5. Your own biggest success
The Edge TV. #1 music television channel, and commercially very successful.
6. Favourite magazine/website/TV show/radio show/podcast/news service/app/song/other
App - Spotify
TV show - Ray Donovan
Website – theedge.co.nz
Radio - Jono & Ben on The Rock
Song - anything by Duran Duran
7. Most ridiculous buzzword
8. Best innovation
Uber cabs – amazing.
9. Most over-hyped ‘innovation’
10. Best brands
11. Best stoush
Nothing to see here.
14. Predictions for 2015
MediaWorks launches another outstanding radio brand and owns 7.30pm on television. And, of course, bigger budgets!
- According to Font's recent survey, 43 percent of marketing professionals in New Zealand are looking to change jobs next year and 65 percent will be re-evaluating career plans over the Christmas period. So check out some of the roles Font has on offer here and have a gander at the infographic based on the survey results here.