Every year, StopPress asks players in the local industry for their reflections on the marketing year that was. Here's what Fiona McLeod, managing director at NZME's CreateMe, has to say.
1. Favourite local campaign that isn't yours
Air New Zealand's 'Cockpit Karaoke'. Funny and engaging!
- Check out the StopPress picks of the year here.
2. Favourite campaign that is yours
Ray White, 'What Do You Value'. A fantastic example of CreateMe in action from ideation to execution and distribution across multiple NZME platforms.
3. Favourite international campaign
'Share a Coke'. Hugely creative with sharing and the Coke experience at the very heart of the campaign.
4. Least favourite campaign
Vodafone's 'Piggy Sue' – thought it was an ad for the Southern Mail Service.
5. Your own biggest success
The successful launch and establishment of CreateMe.
6. Most significant launch/innovation/thing of the year
DB Brewery's 'Brewtroleum'. Genius!
7. What should be un-inevented?
Trainers with heels! And Siri!
8. Lamest trend
Self harm in the name of fun/beauty! #KylieJennerLips.
9. Best brands
Apple, Air New Zealand, Land Rover, Spark, DB Export and Whittakers.
10. Best stoush
Danielle Muscato and Donald Trump on Twitter.
@realDonaldTrump You think we're all too polite, too aghast, to call you out. I see through you, Donny. I'm calling you out. You're a joke.— Danielle Muscato (@DanielleMuscato) December 4, 2016
@realDonaldTrump With every fiber of my being, I am disgusted by you. And you know what the real secret is? You're disgusted by you, too.— Danielle Muscato (@DanielleMuscato) December 4, 2016
Auckland City Mission, Salvation Army and All Blacks.
Donald Trump and the UK's 52 percent.
13. What died in 2016?
14. What’s the biggest mistake marketers will make in 2017?
Investing all their $ in Google and Facebook.
15. Will the robots become sentient and kill us all (asking for a friend)?