Your last chance to be touched by a Hurman. New Zealand's marcomms community is bracing itself for its biggest loss since Uncle Toby bid adieu. But in a kind and generous move before heading east, planning director, talented author, effectiveness evangelist and all round good guy James Hurman is prepared to share some top tips. And let's face it, the hairy Hurman has been involved in pretty much every piece of great, highly awarded work the Colenso BBDO has done in recent years including Vodafone, Yellow, V, DB Export and Westpac.
The course aims to provide core principles to anchor the planning process, a deeper understanding of ‘insight’, and how to use it to define fundamental business and marketing problems. With the best practice tools Strategic Thinking provides, participants are then empowered to create original solutions and finally, a framework is provided through which strategic thinking can be presented in a clear, compelling and buyable way to decision makers. The programme will follow a logical flow, with James presenting the theory and illustrating it with his own, much awarded, examples of planning success in addition to those offered by his seriously accomplished guests:
- Martin Yeoman – Strategist, Assignment
- Brian van denHurk – Managing Director, Social Change, DraftFCB
- Tony Bradbourne – Creative Director & Founding Partner, Special Group
- Andrew Holt – Managing Director, Clemenger BBDO
- Scott Wallace – Managing Partner, DDB NZ
- Fran Clayton – Head of Strategy and Discovery, Publicis Mojo, Sydney
Marcomms folk seeking to develop their strategic and planning capacity with a practical and well evidenced framework will find invaluable tools and inspiration from this programme. Client-side marketers responsible for the delivery of advertising, marketing and communications initiatives will gain valuable insight into the way highly effective agencies develop award winning strategic solutions to marketing and communications challenges.
- Dates: Monday 27, Tuesday 28 and Wednesday 29 February, 8.45am to 5pm
- Cost: $1995 Members +GST/ $2995 Non Members +GST
- Register: Contact Lisa Traill, CAANZ Industry Development Manager
Those keen as mustard can call email@example.com 09 303 0435