The One Show and One Show Interactive pencil winners have been announced. And, unusually, despite nabbing nine nominations, Kiwi agencies have come away with a big fat donut and a few merit certificates.
The One Show Merit winners were:
- Full Page or Spread - Campaign, Sanyo 'Water Can't Get In', Saatchi & Saatchi.
- Single TV3 'Interrogation', Colenso BBDO.
- Outdoor and Posters - Single, Papakura District Council, 'Bleeding Billboard', Colenso BBDO
- Collateral (Brochures and Direct Marketing), Asthma and Respiratory Foundation of NZ, 'Donations appeal', Ogilvy New Zealand.
- Radio - Single, New Zealand Transport Agency, 'It's Your Call', Clemenger BBDO
- Radio - Single, New Zealand Transport Agency 'Heaven Radio', Clemenger BBDO
- Radio - Campaign, The National Foundation for the Deaf, 'Subtitles', DDB
- Television - Single, Starship, 'Father and Son', The Sweet Shop
- Under $80K Budget - Single, SKY Television, 'West Bank', DDB
And as for the Interactive Merits, just the one:
- Websites: Public Service/Non-Profit, Coastguard NZ, 'Live Rescue', Tribal/DDB, Auckland.
Although, for a little bit more straw-clutching, Wellington digital agency Resn, which created Toyota's Sponsafier website, can take plenty of the credit for the silver pencil won by Saatchi & Saatchi Los Angeles in the integrated branding campaign category of the Interactive awards.
Thankfully, Auckland design shop Alt Group ensured New Zealand didn't go home without a pencil, taking home two of them and two merits in the One Show Design awards that were announced last week. DraftFCB also took a merit in the Direct Mail - Single category for APN's 'Hour Long Letter'.