Invercargill and Gore finance and strategy company Harrex Group put together this YouTube video set to the House of the Rising Sun with lyrics bemoaning the state of their current IT systems.
Auckland road sign installation and management company Directionz has written a rhyming "modern fairy tale" which puts a new Greentree system high on their corporate wish list.
Auckland company Harding Traffic has also opted for a specially illustrated "once upon a time" approach, updating Little Red Riding Hood to a tale of enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management in a way we suspect might be a first.
Christchurch bathroom manufacturer and importer Smail & Co says "We're in the shitter, We want to be all in one suite" as it pitches its supporters for votes.
Melbourne entrant Mecrus has put together this natty video animation which showcases its operational capabilities in the mining, water, energy and agribusiness sectors and its need for behind-the-scenes business systems that are equally capable.
Greentree chief executive Peter Dickinson said the Game On competition is unusual in that finalists were chosen not simply for being the “best business” but rather for having great potential hindered by a problem that could be fixed with Greentree software.
Dickinson said choosing the ten finalists from the dozens of entries was not easy for him and fellow judges Mike Hutcheson, Justine Smyth, Simon Challies and Ken Davis. “The calibre of the entries was impressive and the finalists are each special in their own way.
These are the ten finalists and your vote will help decide which company will win the big prize:
- BGH GROUP: This Bay of Plenty-based business has supplied engineering products for over 50 years and one of its companies, Hose Supplies NZ Ltd, has recently been pumping oil from the stricken container ship Rena.
- DIRECTIONZ: When you see a road sign telling you where to go, there’s a good chance it’s been installed by this Auckland firm.
- GEMCO CONSTRUCTION: This major Hawke’s Bay business is currently working on the region’s largest building project: the museum and art gallery in Napier.
- HARDING TRAFFIC: Traffic control, car parking – even the lights on airport runways – this Auckland business is focused on keeping people moving.
- HARREX GROUP: More than just accountancy – this innovative Invercargill finance and strategy firm’s motto is “Turning Southland business on its head”.
- KAURI NZ: If you’re a wine lover, that glass of pinot probably matured in a barrel supplied by this Wellington-based importer of vintners’ products and food ingredients.
- NZ CONTROLS: Many major production lines function with the help of this Auckland firm, which specialises in innovative electrical and software design, engineering and development.
- PARMCO APPLIANCES: Ready, steady, cook! This Auckland business supplies technological excellence in the kitchen.
- RESOLVE GROUP: Auckland’s harbour bridge is safer and less congested, thanks to the movable median barrier designed by this company, specialists in solving tricky transport problems.
- SMAIL & CO: As Christchurch rebuilds, this locally-based manufacturer and importer of bathroom products will be heavily involved, but says its current system is a long-drop, when it needs an en-suite!
Greentree is a New Zealand software developer whose business software is used by medium-sized organisations internationally. Users include Griffiths Equipment, Paramount Services and Ryman Healthcare in New Zealand, Southern Cross Healthcare and Incat in Australia and the Publishers Association and UK Highways in the United Kingdom.
Greentree itself has long taken a quirky and light-hearted approach to promoting its business software, something often seen as requiring a serious corporate approach.