Almost two million tune in to ABs semi-final

  • Media
  • October 17, 2011
  • StopPress Team
Almost two million tune in to ABs semi-final

The RWC semi-final was watched by 1.9 million viewers across the country, according to the official agency that monitors television ratings, AGB Nielsen. This means it took over as the number one TV event ever from the opening ceremony and All Blacks vs Tonga game, which lured 81 percent of all viewers

That equates to almost half of NZ’s population watching the game on television (48.7 percent of all people five years or more nationwide).

The match also attracted a massive share of the television audience. 89 percent of all viewers watched the rugby live on one of the four channels simulcasting the RWC Semi-Final leaving only 11 percent of viewers watching different programming.

BREAKDOWN BY CHANNEL (thousands of viewers):


TV ONE               659,400

Sky Sport             653,300

TV3                      397,800

Maori TV             262,700

Source: Nielsen TAM (Measurement: All people five years and over – average audience nationwide)

This is a community discussion forum. Comment is free but please respect our rules:

  1. Don’t be abusive or use sweary type words
  2. Don’t break the law: libel, slander and defamatory comments are forbidden
  3. Don’t resort to name-calling, mean-spiritedness, or slagging off
  4. Don’t pretend to be someone else.

If we find you doing these things, your comments will be edited without recourse and you may be asked to go away and reconsider your actions.
We respect the right to free speech and anonymous comments. Don’t abuse the privilege.

The collaborative approach: Woods Agency's Reuben Woods on tackling the world stage from Tauranga
Sponsored content

The collaborative approach: Woods Agency's Reuben Woods on tackling the world stage from Tauranga

When Reuben and Melissa Woods started Woods Agency in their spare bedroom in Papamoa Beach back in 2004, they only had one regular client, bedroom furniture company Design Mobel. Fourteen years on, their client list spans the length of New Zealand and into the Pacific Islands. We chat with Reuben about how they built an agency that focuses on developing regional companies into world-class brands.

Next page
Results for
Topics
Jobs
About

StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!

©2009–2018 ICG Media. All rights reserved.
Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Privacy policy.

Advertise

Contact Vernene Medcalf at +64 21 628 200 to advertise in StopPress.

View Media Kit