Movings/shakings: 15 December

  • Movings/Shakings, brought to you by Marsden Inch
  • December 15, 2014
  • StopPress Team
Movings/shakings: 15 December

Changing sides

NMZE has confirmed the signing of Marcus Lush in a move that will see the experienced broadcaster moving from MediaWorks mid-next year and joining NZME by the end of 2015. (Image credit: Stuff.co.nz)

In his new role, Lush will host the night show on NewstalkZB, and Dallas Gurney, general manager of talk, sees the new recruit potentially being involved in other areas as well.  

“Marcus is a brilliant broadcaster – he’s is Radio Live’s most successful performer but he is also a favourite with New Zealanders on screen and he writes well," says Gurney.  "NZME offers him the opportunity to showcase all of his talents. Marcus is a natural fit to work with us as we continue to grow our number one rating nationwide night show on Newstalk ZB. He’s bloody top talent, one of the best and he deserves to be working with the best.”

In an NZME statement, Lush said that he was looking forward to the year ahead.

“While I’ve enjoyed my time on breakfast, night-time talk on Newstalk ZB is my natural home," he said.  "NZME is an exciting new media company to work for and Newstalk ZB is the pinnacle of talk radio. They are professionals and I can’t wait to get started.”

Gurney confirmed incumbent host Kerre McIvor will be moving to afternoons as part of a yet to be announced new show. 

“I have absolute faith in Marcus to look after my people … he’s the right person for the job,” McIvor said. 

Gurney added: “Kerre is one of our stars and is ready for a new challenge. Danny Watson will not be renewing his contract at the end of next year. He’s decided to concentrate on his bee business and honey school. He’s been talking about this for a bit so while we are sad to see Danny depart after 15 years with us, the timing works to create something different and exciting in afternoons for 2016 while Marcus’ involvement at nights will bring a brand new audience to night-time talk radio.”

Climbing the corporate ladder

Susie Darling has been promoted to the role of business director (GAD) at Saatchi & Saatchi NZ, moving up the ranks from the senior account director position she previously held.

"In the 11 months she's been here, Susie has made a huge impact at the agency, proving herself as a strong leader. Susie is hugely talented, with a sharp eye for great creative and has a winning, no nonsense style, that client and agency teams love— and she's bloody good fun to have around too, said Paul Wilson, the general manager of Saatchi & Saatchi NZ." 

Darling joined Saatchi & Saatchi NZ from DDB in January, where she had been for the past 12 years, working on Volkswagen, Lion Breweries, Tourism Australia, Stihl and McDonald’s. 

A quartet of shifts

Dynamo has announced the promotion of a trio of staff members and has also introduced a new face two its team, as it consolidates its ranks in preparation for 2015. 

Mike Harrison (first from left) has been promoted to business director at Dynamo, following two years as an account director at the agency. Prior to joining Dynamo, worked at OMD for almost four years, first as a senior account manager and then as an account director. And before that, he served at Starcom for over a year.    

The other two promotions occurred in the digital team, firstly with Kris Hadley (second from left), who led the digital media transition for Spark's rebrand, being promoted to head of digital. 

“Kris’ leadership across all of our communication planning has ensured we continue be at the forefront of new technology, data, and testing and learning platforms for our clients,” said Dynamo's general manager Drew DeSantis.

The other person to move up the ranks was Sam Boniface (third from left), who was promoted to the position of senior digital planner/buyer, taking on a more significant digital management role on the Spark business. Previously, Boniface worked at FCB for 15 months, first serving as a digital campaign manager before transitioning into a media assistant role.   

The final change at Dynamo came with the arrival of Emma Parisi (fourth from left), who has joined the media agency from OMD as a business director. 

“Both Mike and Emma are strong strategic media practitioners and are well respected by clients and peers, said DeSantis, [and] I’m very happy we now have both teams up and running.”  

The in-store strategist

Clemenger Shop has announced the appointment of Luke Procter to the newly created role of insight and strategy manager.

“We’ve been working with Luke on and off for the past six months on a range of projects and his unique insight, data and strategic skill set combined with his enthusiasm for the shopper marketing discipline has quickly proven he is the right man for the job,” says general manager Troy Fuller.

Procter was previously a planner at Colenso BBDO and he also has ten years' experience as a strategic thinker across a wide range of industries, from financial services and telecommunications to FMCG. He has worked both agency and client side in New Zealand and the United Kingdom.

Fuller says that Clemenger Shop has grown steadily since entering the market in May. 

“We’ve had an incredible year really picking up some significant business along the way, including Sanitarium, Samsung, Frucor, Fonterra and Campari in Australia," says Fuller. "Our clients have responded well to our strategic focus and Luke will only make us stronger in this area.”

Procter is optimistic about joining the team on a permanent basis, saying: "I want to help our clients understand their shoppers better so they can create more meaningful shopping experiences and establish longer term relationships with them.”  

This is a community discussion forum. Comment is free but please respect our rules:

  1. Don’t be abusive or use sweary type words
  2. Don’t break the law: libel, slander and defamatory comments are forbidden
  3. Don’t resort to name-calling, mean-spiritedness, or slagging off
  4. Don’t pretend to be someone else.

If we find you doing these things, your comments will be edited without recourse and you may be asked to go away and reconsider your actions.
We respect the right to free speech and anonymous comments. Don’t abuse the privilege.

Acquire Online celebrates five years of programmatic jostling

  • Media
  • September 21, 2017
  • StopPress Team
Acquire Online celebrates five years of programmatic jostling

This week, Acquire Online blew out five candles on its birthday cake – which is no small feat in the rapidly moving tech space. We caught up with directors Chris Schultz, Simon Healy and Anthony Ord to find out how they got this far and where they plan on going next.

Read more
Next page
Results for
Topics
Jobs
About

StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!

©2009–2015 Tangible Media. All rights reserved.
Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Privacy policy.

Advertise

Contact Vernene Medcalf at +64 21 628 200 to advertise in StopPress.

View Media Kit