Amplifi is the media investment arm of Dentsu Aegis Network. With over 35,000 employees across 145 countries, Dentsu Aegis Network is the first truly global communications network for the digital age. We are one of New Zealand's largest leading media agencies and we are looking for a media savvy, enthusiastic and passionate Trading Manager to join our Auckland based team.
As an organisation we pride ourselves on being values led. Our vision globally is to innovate the way brands are built and we base this vision on our five key values of being Agile, Pioneering, Ambitious, Responsible, and Collaborative. Our values are core to the way we operate and think.
The Trading Manager is an important role responsible for all aspects of trading for Dentsu Aegis Network. Reporting to the Head of Amplifi NZ, you will work closely with the GM & Director level of Carat and Vizeum to ensure that trading best practices are implemented and maintained throughout Dentsu Aegis. This role requires a highly skilled, pro-active individual who is confident in front of clients, senior media owners and can shape the internal team for success.
You will be responsible for identifying continuous workflow improvements and finding innovative ways to work with clients, internal teams, and media owners. The Trading Manager is constantly searching for better opportunities and more effective ways of leveraging media partnerships to our clients’ advantage.
• Main point of contact for trading issues for senior clients in association with the Business Directors
• Thorough understanding of the industries in client portfolio, in-particular the business challenges faced in the market
• To ensure quality engagement with clients and agency partners including meeting deadlines, producing accurate and clearly presented results and delivering superior campaign performance
• Working closely with the agency business directors to ensure an effective working relationship
• Delivering daily trading excellence from the trading team
• Ensuring agency clients are achieving the best rates, positioning and ensuring competitive advantage is achieved across a range of channels
• Assisting with negotiations alongside the HOAs and GMs of the agency groups
• Ensuring productivity and client saving targets are met and often exceeded
• Ensuring robust processes are established and maintained so that the trading and account teams work effectively together
• Making sure that all peripheral tasks and responsibilities (reporting, invoicing, forecasting, PCA's etc.) are completed to deadlines and are of the highest standard
• Keeping clients and internal teams up to date with media owner news
• Maintaining and strengthening media owner relationships with regular access to teams and senior management where appropriate
• Career development planning and implementation to develop trading team members
• Driving positive and collaborative culture within the agency teams and the wider DAN network
• Supporting the Head of Amplifi in establishing and managing media partnerships
• Helping Amplifi to drive product and technology innovation across the DAN team
• Training both trading and agency teams on new trading products and tools
• Helping to implement and driving use of all available agency and Dentsu Aegis trading tools
• Being pro-actively involved in new business pitches as needed
What We’re Looking For:
• 8+ years media experience
• Strong trading and buying skills across multiple channels but with specific expertise in TV, print and out of home. Digital knowledge an advantage
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
• Leadership skills with the ability to inspire, develop and lead a team to success
• Proven ability in establishing strong processes that delivery consistent and quality results
• Proactive, self-starter who takes the initiative
• Strong problem solving abilities with focus on solutions not issues
• Strong client service skills and experience of dealing with demanding clients and working under time pressure
• Proven financial acumen with an ability to understand and manage the trading details
• Excellent understanding of the New Zealand market and senior level connections an advantage
• Knowledge of the entire campaign process from brief through to planning, execution and finalization
• Graduate degree level qualification desirable
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in joining the fast paced world of digital and diversified media then send your CV to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you
“Like any advertising agency we are constantly reviewing and adjusting our business in line with client requirements. It is not our policy to comment more specifically about employment matters out of respect for those directly involved.” Now watch me down ...
"out of respect for those directly involved".. whilst several staff are in the the South of France..
Not surprising that this is getting a lot of comment given FCB (in my memory) have been fortunate not to have made decisions like this involving so many people before. Let's not forget other agencies make these calls far more ...
As well as the Paper Plus and Volkswagen losses, Noel Leeming have taken work in-house, Mitre 10 have taken work in-house (ironic that they even have both given the two owners compete head-on), and ANZ have moved a chunk of ...
No comment from the FCB CEO about flying to Cannes the day after laying 27 people off from their jobs?
Big chunk of ANZ went to JustOne too.. when senior staff leave, clients usually follow..
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: TAB by Y&R
Why we like it: New Zealand might not be in the FIFA World Cup, but that doesn't mean the country can't get involved in the action. While Mexican fans caused an earthquake when their team won against Germany, closer to home, Kiwis risk smashed breakfast dishes if they wake up to a successful bet if this TAB spot is anything to go on. Brace yourselves flatmates, friends and family members of soccer fans, the table diving, hallway sliding and bedroom dancing could strike at your place.
Who's it for: Beehive by Contagion
Why we like it: "Smell the roses" they say, but what about bacon? Beehive's getting creative with the familiar scent of bacon while pointing out the truths behind some of life's absurdities. We enjoy the fun of the campaign that's sure to hit home to all, with jokes about parenthood, young love and online scams among others. The campaign's also well set up to respond to topical issues and has already joked about the meeting of US president Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un with the line "We couldn't feel safer".
Who's it for: Electric Kiwi by Brand World
Why we like it: Given electricity's intangible nature, advertising has long turned to promoting the benefits of it and Electric Kiwi is calling out the trend. It's playing with the idea of farming power by bottling up fresh electrons because "only the freshest will do" and the result is a delightful exchange between a grandfather and his granddaughter, who is sceptical of the farmed electrons.
Who's it for: Air New Zealand by True
Why we like it: Despite their wings, takahē are a flightless bird so Air New Zealand is giving them a helping hand by offering up its wings. The airline is promoting its partnership with the Department of Conservation by sharing the journey of 18 takahē that have been released into the wild. The precious passengers are the first of their kind to be released onto mainland New Zealand and to show their importance, each was strapped into its own seat on the flight.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!