Amplifi is the media investment arm of Dentsu Aegis Network. With over 35,000 employees across 145 countries, Dentsu Aegis Network is the first truly global communications network for the digital age. We are one of New Zealand's largest leading media agencies and we are looking for a media savvy, enthusiastic and passionate Trading Manager to join our Auckland based team.
As an organisation we pride ourselves on being values led. Our vision globally is to innovate the way brands are built and we base this vision on our five key values of being Agile, Pioneering, Ambitious, Responsible, and Collaborative. Our values are core to the way we operate and think.
The Trading Manager is an important role responsible for all aspects of trading for Dentsu Aegis Network. Reporting to the Head of Amplifi NZ, you will work closely with the GM & Director level of Carat and Vizeum to ensure that trading best practices are implemented and maintained throughout Dentsu Aegis. This role requires a highly skilled, pro-active individual who is confident in front of clients, senior media owners and can shape the internal team for success.
You will be responsible for identifying continuous workflow improvements and finding innovative ways to work with clients, internal teams, and media owners. The Trading Manager is constantly searching for better opportunities and more effective ways of leveraging media partnerships to our clients’ advantage.
• Main point of contact for trading issues for senior clients in association with the Business Directors
• Thorough understanding of the industries in client portfolio, in-particular the business challenges faced in the market
• To ensure quality engagement with clients and agency partners including meeting deadlines, producing accurate and clearly presented results and delivering superior campaign performance
• Working closely with the agency business directors to ensure an effective working relationship
• Delivering daily trading excellence from the trading team
• Ensuring agency clients are achieving the best rates, positioning and ensuring competitive advantage is achieved across a range of channels
• Assisting with negotiations alongside the HOAs and GMs of the agency groups
• Ensuring productivity and client saving targets are met and often exceeded
• Ensuring robust processes are established and maintained so that the trading and account teams work effectively together
• Making sure that all peripheral tasks and responsibilities (reporting, invoicing, forecasting, PCA's etc.) are completed to deadlines and are of the highest standard
• Keeping clients and internal teams up to date with media owner news
• Maintaining and strengthening media owner relationships with regular access to teams and senior management where appropriate
• Career development planning and implementation to develop trading team members
• Driving positive and collaborative culture within the agency teams and the wider DAN network
• Supporting the Head of Amplifi in establishing and managing media partnerships
• Helping Amplifi to drive product and technology innovation across the DAN team
• Training both trading and agency teams on new trading products and tools
• Helping to implement and driving use of all available agency and Dentsu Aegis trading tools
• Being pro-actively involved in new business pitches as needed
What We’re Looking For:
• 8+ years media experience
• Strong trading and buying skills across multiple channels but with specific expertise in TV, print and out of home. Digital knowledge an advantage
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
• Leadership skills with the ability to inspire, develop and lead a team to success
• Proven ability in establishing strong processes that delivery consistent and quality results
• Proactive, self-starter who takes the initiative
• Strong problem solving abilities with focus on solutions not issues
• Strong client service skills and experience of dealing with demanding clients and working under time pressure
• Proven financial acumen with an ability to understand and manage the trading details
• Excellent understanding of the New Zealand market and senior level connections an advantage
• Knowledge of the entire campaign process from brief through to planning, execution and finalization
• Graduate degree level qualification desirable
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in joining the fast paced world of digital and diversified media then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you
We need more joke skywriting in New Zealand. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/15/how-do-i-land-skywriting_n_3276795.html
love this, amazing story!
Great article with Paul C's inimitable humour
Good luck FCB. Anyone care to share what it's like working with Samsung as a client? Think "cluster"
From what I heard, both companies were missing the mark so probably a smart move. Interesting that UX, CX and ‘organisational design’ (whatever that is) are cited as a core pillar of the combined entity when neither were considered strong ...
Isn't the whole point of this article to parody exactly that? I.e. the idea that many in the industry don't know what they're doing, which leads to all the flashy/fishy practices described in the article?
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who’s it for: WorkSafe by Assignment Group.
Why we like it: Hilarious but serious, this ad from WorkSafe elicits both laughter and pensive thought as fictional commentators ‘Pat Silverwood’ and ‘Joe Munro’ give a play-by-play of workers actions. And while not all workplaces feature a pair of commentators armed with mics to make themselves heard, it's hoped the enjoyable campaign that will encourage Kiwis to ‘Use Your Mouth’ and speak up in the workplace.
Who’s it for: Icebreaker by Motion Sickness
Why we like it: Motion Sickness has blended storytelling with an ad in this beautifully shot video for Icebreaker. While the connection with Icebreaker isn't obvious from the start, as Riley Elliott's mulls over what makes him so passionate about sharks, we learn a lesson about facing and embracing fear—and it's one that suits the nature of the outdoor adventure brand.
Who’s it for: G.J. Gardner Homes by 99
Why we like it: Personalising a large company like G.J. Gardner Homes can be tough. But the company has done a nice job of giving local workers a face. Going from Queenstown to the Manawatu, franchisees speak about themselves, how they work and how they are involved with, and support, the local community around them. It's a good way to get to know those who are responsible for bringing to life the homes for G.J. customers.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!