Amplifi is the media investment arm of Dentsu Aegis Network. With over 35,000 employees across 145 countries, Dentsu Aegis Network is the first truly global communications network for the digital age. We are one of New Zealand's largest leading media agencies and we are looking for a media savvy, enthusiastic and passionate Trading Manager to join our Auckland based team.
As an organisation we pride ourselves on being values led. Our vision globally is to innovate the way brands are built and we base this vision on our five key values of being Agile, Pioneering, Ambitious, Responsible, and Collaborative. Our values are core to the way we operate and think.
The Trading Manager is an important role responsible for all aspects of trading for Dentsu Aegis Network. Reporting to the Head of Amplifi NZ, you will work closely with the GM & Director level of Carat and Vizeum to ensure that trading best practices are implemented and maintained throughout Dentsu Aegis. This role requires a highly skilled, pro-active individual who is confident in front of clients, senior media owners and can shape the internal team for success.
You will be responsible for identifying continuous workflow improvements and finding innovative ways to work with clients, internal teams, and media owners. The Trading Manager is constantly searching for better opportunities and more effective ways of leveraging media partnerships to our clients’ advantage.
• Main point of contact for trading issues for senior clients in association with the Business Directors
• Thorough understanding of the industries in client portfolio, in-particular the business challenges faced in the market
• To ensure quality engagement with clients and agency partners including meeting deadlines, producing accurate and clearly presented results and delivering superior campaign performance
• Working closely with the agency business directors to ensure an effective working relationship
• Delivering daily trading excellence from the trading team
• Ensuring agency clients are achieving the best rates, positioning and ensuring competitive advantage is achieved across a range of channels
• Assisting with negotiations alongside the HOAs and GMs of the agency groups
• Ensuring productivity and client saving targets are met and often exceeded
• Ensuring robust processes are established and maintained so that the trading and account teams work effectively together
• Making sure that all peripheral tasks and responsibilities (reporting, invoicing, forecasting, PCA's etc.) are completed to deadlines and are of the highest standard
• Keeping clients and internal teams up to date with media owner news
• Maintaining and strengthening media owner relationships with regular access to teams and senior management where appropriate
• Career development planning and implementation to develop trading team members
• Driving positive and collaborative culture within the agency teams and the wider DAN network
• Supporting the Head of Amplifi in establishing and managing media partnerships
• Helping Amplifi to drive product and technology innovation across the DAN team
• Training both trading and agency teams on new trading products and tools
• Helping to implement and driving use of all available agency and Dentsu Aegis trading tools
• Being pro-actively involved in new business pitches as needed
What We’re Looking For:
• 8+ years media experience
• Strong trading and buying skills across multiple channels but with specific expertise in TV, print and out of home. Digital knowledge an advantage
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
• Leadership skills with the ability to inspire, develop and lead a team to success
• Proven ability in establishing strong processes that delivery consistent and quality results
• Proactive, self-starter who takes the initiative
• Strong problem solving abilities with focus on solutions not issues
• Strong client service skills and experience of dealing with demanding clients and working under time pressure
• Proven financial acumen with an ability to understand and manage the trading details
• Excellent understanding of the New Zealand market and senior level connections an advantage
• Knowledge of the entire campaign process from brief through to planning, execution and finalization
• Graduate degree level qualification desirable
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in joining the fast paced world of digital and diversified media then send your CV to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you
I think Kevin Kenrick does have his points even though I disagree with him a lot. I think that they need to focus on more homegrown programming and things that dramas.
Am I right in thinking these clients don't spend this though, this is rate-card? So they may get this value in media but actually pay considerably less.
“We looked at a few different talent options, but the ones who said things like 'grate the saffron' were not relatable to our everyday cooks,” says Spain. Couldn't agree more - who'd want bloody fingers?
And for you to learn about capitalisation.
HEY YOU KNOW WHAT I PATRICK RECON THAT DUMP ALL TVNZ 2'S REPEATS AND DOCUMENTRIES AND DATING SHOWS ITS IMPORTANT TO LET TV 2 LIVE UP ITS PRIME TIME ENETERTAINMENT YOU HAVE THE SHOWS WE DO NEED ENTERTAINONG GAME SHOWS ...
Time for everyone's beloved Briscoes lady to brush up on her maori pronunciation.
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: New World by 99
Why we like it: Noel is back and you know what that means—Christmas is just around the corner. The loveable Noel, a New World staff member by day and Santa by night, has been making heads turn since his debut appearance in 2014 and this year, his secret identity is finally revealed in a daydream. The media frenzy and arrest differentiate this spot from other Christmas campaigns as well as the previous, less action-packed ads featuring a slightly less conspicuous version of the character. Let's just hope that Noel's vision of Santa being arrested doesn't come true.
Who's it for: Arnott's by Y&R and Curious Film
Why we like it: The wait is over. Steve Hansen and Zoë Bell have managed to save the world. 'Apocalypse Steve Hanse', has to be one of the most bizarre campaigns of the year but it deserves credit for breaking the mould of the traditional TVC by creating a short film for the big screen. It's also good to see Hansen and Bell share the lead roles in what is an audacious bit of storytelling from the team at Y&R.
Who's it for: Briscoes by Ogilvy & Mather
Why we like it: We may be six weeks out from Christmas, but for many, the festive fun starts now with decorating the house. Briscoes is getting into the fun and amping it up with the addition of a surprise. It's given Trevor's bachelor pad a Christmas makeover and it's hard to avoid the warm fuzzies as you see his friends and family come out to help before the big reveal.
Who's it for: Kiwiplates by Saatchi & Saatchi
Why we like it: Personalised number plates have long been a car accessory for extroverts but Kiwiplates is on a mission to make them mainstream. Last year, the company's managing director, Rob Kent, told NZ Herald it wanted to "normalise personal plates to make it more socially acceptable for everyone" and this spot is a sign of that mission, with the takeaway message being one about the personalised plates suiting everyone's activities.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!