Amplifi is the media investment arm of Dentsu Aegis Network. With over 35,000 employees across 145 countries, Dentsu Aegis Network is the first truly global communications network for the digital age. We are one of New Zealand's largest leading media agencies and we are looking for a media savvy, enthusiastic and passionate Trading Manager to join our Auckland based team.
As an organisation we pride ourselves on being values led. Our vision globally is to innovate the way brands are built and we base this vision on our five key values of being Agile, Pioneering, Ambitious, Responsible, and Collaborative. Our values are core to the way we operate and think.
The Trading Manager is an important role responsible for all aspects of trading for Dentsu Aegis Network. Reporting to the Head of Amplifi NZ, you will work closely with the GM & Director level of Carat and Vizeum to ensure that trading best practices are implemented and maintained throughout Dentsu Aegis. This role requires a highly skilled, pro-active individual who is confident in front of clients, senior media owners and can shape the internal team for success.
You will be responsible for identifying continuous workflow improvements and finding innovative ways to work with clients, internal teams, and media owners. The Trading Manager is constantly searching for better opportunities and more effective ways of leveraging media partnerships to our clients’ advantage.
• Main point of contact for trading issues for senior clients in association with the Business Directors
• Thorough understanding of the industries in client portfolio, in-particular the business challenges faced in the market
• To ensure quality engagement with clients and agency partners including meeting deadlines, producing accurate and clearly presented results and delivering superior campaign performance
• Working closely with the agency business directors to ensure an effective working relationship
• Delivering daily trading excellence from the trading team
• Ensuring agency clients are achieving the best rates, positioning and ensuring competitive advantage is achieved across a range of channels
• Assisting with negotiations alongside the HOAs and GMs of the agency groups
• Ensuring productivity and client saving targets are met and often exceeded
• Ensuring robust processes are established and maintained so that the trading and account teams work effectively together
• Making sure that all peripheral tasks and responsibilities (reporting, invoicing, forecasting, PCA's etc.) are completed to deadlines and are of the highest standard
• Keeping clients and internal teams up to date with media owner news
• Maintaining and strengthening media owner relationships with regular access to teams and senior management where appropriate
• Career development planning and implementation to develop trading team members
• Driving positive and collaborative culture within the agency teams and the wider DAN network
• Supporting the Head of Amplifi in establishing and managing media partnerships
• Helping Amplifi to drive product and technology innovation across the DAN team
• Training both trading and agency teams on new trading products and tools
• Helping to implement and driving use of all available agency and Dentsu Aegis trading tools
• Being pro-actively involved in new business pitches as needed
What We’re Looking For:
• 8+ years media experience
• Strong trading and buying skills across multiple channels but with specific expertise in TV, print and out of home. Digital knowledge an advantage
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
• Leadership skills with the ability to inspire, develop and lead a team to success
• Proven ability in establishing strong processes that delivery consistent and quality results
• Proactive, self-starter who takes the initiative
• Strong problem solving abilities with focus on solutions not issues
• Strong client service skills and experience of dealing with demanding clients and working under time pressure
• Proven financial acumen with an ability to understand and manage the trading details
• Excellent understanding of the New Zealand market and senior level connections an advantage
• Knowledge of the entire campaign process from brief through to planning, execution and finalization
• Graduate degree level qualification desirable
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in joining the fast paced world of digital and diversified media then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you
It would have been more entertaining to just read a press release to camera.
It's interesting how printed newspapers aren't dead either, fill your boots. The thing I wonder about is the measure of marketing effectiveness and I guess that depends on who you're targeting. For example, generally a company share price reflects a ...
A fuck's a fuck
I thought I was reasonably well informed..... sadly not. Great story. Just show that we should rely on the data rather than assumption, intuition, personal habits or fashion as a jumping off point when planning
a LOT of change for this agency. team in disarray running around not knowing what to do. This industry has a short memory, Tom and Lee much ?
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: Fly Buys by Colenso BBDO
Why we like it: While Fly Buys points are often a self-gratifying reward, this spot flips that idea on its head to celebrate the feeling you get when giving a gift. New Zealanders (and their dogs apparently) are a pretty generous bunch, which is why Fly Buys has launched the campaign to demonstrate how it can play a part in that giving.
Who's it for: Men's Health Trust by Men's Health Trust
Why we like it: It's often said men struggle to talk about their physical and emotional wellbeing, but Men's Health Trust has managed to get 12 of them to sit down in front of the camera and open up. With the aim of getting men talking in order to reduce the statistic of one Kiwi man dying every three hours from a preventable cause, prominent New Zealanders (including Te Radar, Jack Tame and Selio Solomon) share their health related stories and talk about what it means to be a Kiwi bloke.
Who's it for: McDonald's by DDB
Why we like it: To announce that it's achieved 100 percent free-range egg use across its New Zealand restaurants, McDonald's has called-in the help of comedian Rhys Mathewson and a Robo Chicken. By sending the remote-controlled chicken into one of the farms supplying it with eggs, the spot is able to push McDonald's commitment to free range produce, as well as explain to viewers what the term actually means.
Who's it for: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword by Roadshow Films and Undertow Media
Why we like it: Promoting an international blockbuster by changing up the trailer with a local twist isn't an approach we've seen before, but the use of WBO heavyweight champion Joseph Parker and UFC fighter Dan Hooker (in a second trailer) is sure to get some attention. King Arthur: Legend of the Sword is about Arthur's journey to becoming a legendary fighter and leader, so who better to incorporate into that than Parker, a professional fighter, who speaks about how he overcame his own trials and pain.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!