Amplifi is the media investment arm of Dentsu Aegis Network. With over 35,000 employees across 145 countries, Dentsu Aegis Network is the first truly global communications network for the digital age. We are one of New Zealand's largest leading media agencies and we are looking for a media savvy, enthusiastic and passionate Trading Manager to join our Auckland based team.
As an organisation we pride ourselves on being values led. Our vision globally is to innovate the way brands are built and we base this vision on our five key values of being Agile, Pioneering, Ambitious, Responsible, and Collaborative. Our values are core to the way we operate and think.
The Trading Manager is an important role responsible for all aspects of trading for Dentsu Aegis Network. Reporting to the Head of Amplifi NZ, you will work closely with the GM & Director level of Carat and Vizeum to ensure that trading best practices are implemented and maintained throughout Dentsu Aegis. This role requires a highly skilled, pro-active individual who is confident in front of clients, senior media owners and can shape the internal team for success.
You will be responsible for identifying continuous workflow improvements and finding innovative ways to work with clients, internal teams, and media owners. The Trading Manager is constantly searching for better opportunities and more effective ways of leveraging media partnerships to our clients’ advantage.
• Main point of contact for trading issues for senior clients in association with the Business Directors
• Thorough understanding of the industries in client portfolio, in-particular the business challenges faced in the market
• To ensure quality engagement with clients and agency partners including meeting deadlines, producing accurate and clearly presented results and delivering superior campaign performance
• Working closely with the agency business directors to ensure an effective working relationship
• Delivering daily trading excellence from the trading team
• Ensuring agency clients are achieving the best rates, positioning and ensuring competitive advantage is achieved across a range of channels
• Assisting with negotiations alongside the HOAs and GMs of the agency groups
• Ensuring productivity and client saving targets are met and often exceeded
• Ensuring robust processes are established and maintained so that the trading and account teams work effectively together
• Making sure that all peripheral tasks and responsibilities (reporting, invoicing, forecasting, PCA's etc.) are completed to deadlines and are of the highest standard
• Keeping clients and internal teams up to date with media owner news
• Maintaining and strengthening media owner relationships with regular access to teams and senior management where appropriate
• Career development planning and implementation to develop trading team members
• Driving positive and collaborative culture within the agency teams and the wider DAN network
• Supporting the Head of Amplifi in establishing and managing media partnerships
• Helping Amplifi to drive product and technology innovation across the DAN team
• Training both trading and agency teams on new trading products and tools
• Helping to implement and driving use of all available agency and Dentsu Aegis trading tools
• Being pro-actively involved in new business pitches as needed
What We’re Looking For:
• 8+ years media experience
• Strong trading and buying skills across multiple channels but with specific expertise in TV, print and out of home. Digital knowledge an advantage
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
• Leadership skills with the ability to inspire, develop and lead a team to success
• Proven ability in establishing strong processes that delivery consistent and quality results
• Proactive, self-starter who takes the initiative
• Strong problem solving abilities with focus on solutions not issues
• Strong client service skills and experience of dealing with demanding clients and working under time pressure
• Proven financial acumen with an ability to understand and manage the trading details
• Excellent understanding of the New Zealand market and senior level connections an advantage
• Knowledge of the entire campaign process from brief through to planning, execution and finalization
• Graduate degree level qualification desirable
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in joining the fast paced world of digital and diversified media then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you
The mish mash of styles in the 60 is equally average. Overall nothing worth showcasing here surely?
Lolz, the entire screed above is disingenous at best, leaning towards blatantly egregious. In fact, this is classic lefty Stuff, fake news. Its utter lack of credibility will not be assuaged by censoring comment with which the editorial team disagrees, ...
They say 'imitation is the sincerest form of flattery' and I hesitate to accuse GJ Gardner of plagiarism, but there's some very similar material in here to my Building Guide, which has been around for over 25 years (11 published ...
I'm in Bid.
Yep, I think there must be much gnashing of teeth at PureSEO about their PR piece being mangled.
Sorry... "... on Pure SEO..." and " ...sites like Pure SEO...., clearly the author doesn't understand what Google Shopping is what the role is of SEM companies like Pure SEO (and many other that can help clients to leverage Google ...
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for:Headfirst
Why we like it: On the field, New Zealand's rugby stars are seen as strong characters who are immune to mental illness. However, this clip and the wider Headfirst work breaks that stereotype down, showing the players we cheer for are just like us and they're here to help. Last week, Jono Pryor received huge praise for his mention of mental illness at the end of Jono and Ben and we hope this spot generates the same kind of buzz.
Who's it for: Pedigree by Colenso BBDO
Why we like it: University has just started and those who graduated last year are heading off on OEs or entering the work force, leaving many parents childless. Pedigree wants to make the most of that by filling these empty nests with rescue dogs. The campaign may joke about how parents should replace their kids with a canine, but underneath there's a serious message about rehoming the thousands of dogs that have been rescued from abuse and neglect.
Who's it for:G-Shock New Zealand by James Polhill and Fish & Clips
Why we like it: New Zealand rugby fans might think they know Julian Savea, but this spot goes behind the scenes of a rugby game to see what motivates him to do his best. By getting up close and personal with him, it shows the hard work involved in reaching the top. The story it tells is a great example of how a campaign can engage the audience before revealing the brand and product.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!