Simply put, we do two things at Nielsen. We measure performance for our clients and we use analytics to help our clients grow their business. Measurement and analytics are two separate things, and each is important and valuable on its own. But the connection of the two makes them both even more critical and valuable.
You will MAKE A DIFFERENCE by partnering with our clients and using data to explain what is happening with their brands and what they should do to improve business performance.
Working with both your Nielsen colleagues and spending time with clients, you will build partnerships to allow you to understand your client needs and requirements. You'll use this knowledge to develop in depth analytics and create compelling stories that deliver the insight to drive business growth.
Your key responsibilities:
- Ensuring the delivery of Nielsen's contractual analytical commitments (on-going and ad-hoc) and analytical insight requirements that meets our service level agreements.
- Responding to client briefs with the appropriate solutions and deliverables
- Maintain and develop joint business plans and build effective relationships with clients, including key business priorities to maximise business opportunities
- In partnership with Client Development teams, build relationships with continuous clients enabling c-suite engagement.
- Reviewing progress with internal sales teams where opportunities for growth have been flagged and work closely with them to drive these forward.
- Tracking headline KPIs through Salesforce.com to drive collaboration through technology
- Developing and presenting thought leadership created by Nielsen associates
- Design and plan analytical support to clients according to their needs. Supervising stages in this process and managing performance on a frequent basis.
- Presenting necessary recommendations and tracking these outcomes
- Training and mentoring of entry level team members
About you -you will possess the following skills:
- 4+ years of extensive experience in data analysis, strong understanding of New Zealand media market conditions
- Detailed knowledge of Nielsen tools, services, and product portfolio
- Ability to build strong networks and relationships with external and internal stakeholders, experience in working with clients to solve business issues
- Strong planning and servicing skills, excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Able to clearly demonstrate and design solutions to answer client business needs, strong consultative style of working
- Able to identify areas of improvement, upskilling and managing a team
This opportunity is just the beginning of your future at Nielsen. We want you to be you - and we want to help you excel and grow in your career with us.
Want to know more about what it’s like working in an analytical team at Nielsen? Take a look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkQO6WNCLnk
Fantastic work. Also hearing great things about the Drive project in low-income communities. Congrats to all involved!
1989 called... They want their idea back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmNymPocKro
Absolutely, have to admit this was confusing to me and my team as well.
Oh man, this is TERRIBLE!!!!!! So damn confusing...just have a straightforward rationale and stick with it Lightbox...
I like it
As David Ogilvy would say ... perhaps the advertising agency thinks the public find the actual products as boring as the agency does.
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who’s it for: Forsyth Barr/Summer by FCB New Zealand
Why we like it: New Zealanders are notorious for taking serious decisions lightly and this tongue-in-cheek ad by FCB for Forsyth Barr’s Summer KiwiSaver scheme gets that tone just right. A human-sized sheep in trendy clothing talking about his negligence towards his financial responsibilities is enough to get a chuckle out of anyone. The thinly veiled analogy to ‘not be a sheep(le)’ and take responsibility is not preachy but light-hearted.
Who’s it for: ANZ by TBWA
Why we like it: We all know it’s rare to see a heart-to-heart between two men on television so it’s nice to see just that in ANZ’s new KiwiSaver ad by TBWA. The way KiwiSaver is brought up in the ads is pretty clunkily approached but adding other topics such as dating, household chores and life makes the ad an endearing watch.
Who’s it for : Spark by Colenso BBDO
Why we like it: Matariki season is bringing with it a lot of joy and pride nationwide this year. Spark’s unique video embraces what is important about our very own New Year – family, traditions and knowledge. More an educational resource than ad, the care taken to make the imagery and sentiment culturally appropriate is evident in the decision to include all nine Matariki stars. The animation artfully articulates the stories behind the constellation while the te reo Māori script is as much soothing as it is exciting to see the language celebrated.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!