Bravo is the premier lifestyle and entertainment brand that drives cultural conversations around its high-quality, original content. The network's diversified slate includes unscripted favourites such as Vanderpump Rules, Below Deck, Southern Charm, Million Dollar Listing and popular Real Housewives franchises.
Bravo New Zealand is a joint venture between MediaWorks, New Zealand's largest independent broadcaster and NBCUniversal International Networks, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies.
About the role:
This position's primary responsibility is to support Bravo, across all aspects of audience reporting as it applies to the respective business units in Australia and New Zealand. Additionally, it plays a key role in providing strategic analysis to key internal stakeholders within Mediaworks and NBCU's international television division.
• Proactively design, produce and present sales materials using research data
• Manage research projects from inception to completion, including the interpretation of audience data and the writing of internal reports and external sales materials
• Independently self-manage and organize. Be able to set project priorities and manage requests from internal clients
• Manage department budgeting, planning and supplier relations.
• Provide market, brand, channel and program analysis based on ratings and other audience metrics across linear and non-linear platforms
• Create quantitative channels report (Daily, Weekly, etc.)
• Produce quarterly research reports for inclusion in board papers
• Create and maintain spreadsheet tracking of channels and program performances
• Contribute to the production of quarterly ratecards and forecasts for VOD and linear television
• Produce ratings performance memos on programs including original series
• Provide regular written reporting to international stakeholders on the performance of the channel and product content
• Master multiple research/ ratings software products, and be able to provide data reports in support of ANZ research projects and internal client requests
• Perform other duties as requested by management
• Produce adhoc research using own initiative
• An appropriate undergraduate degree
• Advanced MSExcel skills with the demonstrated ability to run complex formulas and macros.
• Intermediate MSWord and MSPowerPoint skills
• Competency in TV ratings software (Arianna), CMI, TV Map is desirable
• A passion for (strong interest in) the television industry
• Demonstrated strong written communication, particularly in research writing.
• Proven ability to communicate project results in a clear and concise manner
• Detail-oriented with the ability to handle conflict, priorities and deadlines.
• An active interest in participating in the international aspect of the television business.
• Independent thinker who can take on a project from beginning to end with minimal supervision.
• Willingness to work extended hours when needed
• International research experience is a plus but not required
• Working knowledge of TV ratings software eg Arianna
• Knowledge and understanding of the television industry relevant to broadcast, cable and new media, including research terminology and methodology
• Understanding of new media and the convergence of television and web-based media
• Experience in media buying and understanding of NZ media landscape is highly advantageous
HP has the best security I have ever seen, well done.........
Congratulations, Nigel! All the best - I'm sure it will be an exciting move for you and OMD.
Wow, worst ad i've seen in a looong time. Actually made me cringe.
Well done Nigel, energy and fun and success abounds.
And the race to the bottom continues for media agencies.
Tone deaf, out of touch, and choosing not to address a single issue that matters. Yep, this is an advertisement for the National party all right.
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: Vogel's by Shine and Curious Films
Why we like it: Achieving diversity in a campaign to truly reflect what a country looks like is no easy task, with many efforts coming across as contrived, fabricated efforts. However, this spot by Vogel's avoids all these pitfalls by bringing a collection of eight exceptional stories together around a single table. In doing so, the bread brand shows us what it means to be a Kiwi at a time when the country is changing. And it's a message that's resonated with consumers, with Facebook comments including remarks like "a truly beautiful advert", "the best advert I have seen in a very long time", "brilliant effort to illustrate how wonderful, unique and diverse NZers are" and "talk about bring a tear to your eye".
Who's it for: BMW by Flying Fish
Why we like it: Recognise Karangahape Road and Fort Lane in this spot? No need for a double take, it's them. Not only does this spot showcase the new BMW, it also turns Auckland into a driver's dream, with empty streets and a long unoccupied straight across the Harbour Bridge. Even if it's not quite a true representation of the usually traffic-filled city that cars crawl through on most days, it's a great opportunity for our local city to be seen around the world as well as the production company Flying Fish.
Who's it for:Whittaker's by Assignment Group.
Why we like it: It's been a while since we've seen Nigella Lawson front a Whittaker's campaign and this time she's joined by British comedians Stephen Fry, Joanna Lumley and Bill Bailey who all appear to fizz over the brand's new Destinations range. While Lawson has typically taken a sultry tone in Whittaker's spots, this time, she barely gets a word in as her friends take more of 'a children in a candy store' approach to building hype over flavours like 'Nicaraguan Heirloom Dark Chocolate', 'Italian Piedmont Hazelnut' and 'Caramelised Pecans, Waffle and Canadian Maple Syrup'.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!