Touchcast Wellington is looking for a star Project Manager to manage, supervise and lead identified client projects, working closely with the Operations Manager, Internal Design, Development and Account Service teams. Where possible you may also contribute to overall operational direction to deliver successful business outcomes for both the clients’ business and to the success of Touchcast. Wherever possible you'll also be driving project strategy on our largest clients; as well as managing and scoping multiple client projects from briefing, planning timelines to delivery and managing resources.
The main focus of this role is to manage the development and execution of projects including: Websites, apps and integrations with third party systems, Integrated campaigns across creative, event, experiential, web, social, mobile and ATL.
The Project Manager will also be responsible for:
• Traffic Management & Resource Allocation
• Supplier selection and management
• Oversee the production of key projects from end to end; including the preparation of reverse briefs, Statements of Work, production estimates; facilitating the scoping, design, development and delivery phases, alongside monitoring, reporting and billing.
• Budgetary Management: ability to manage scope creep both from a project delivery and budgetary management aspect.
• Contributing to the growth of Touchcast and implementation of processes.
• Providing project advice and guidance to the team as required on key projects.
Desired skills and experience
• Ability to deliver complex digital projects with values of $500,000 plus
• Extremely organised and structured, yet flexible to cater to frequently changing requirements, deliverables and deadlines.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent understanding of digital principles and requirements and their relation to user experience.
• Ability to engage, inspire and influence people
• Ability to develop clear, actionable steps in times of ambiguity
• Calm and collected under pressure
• Able to earn the trust of key clients through transparency, dependability, knowledge and managing their expectations effectively through each project.
• Always being mindful of clients’ needs, their objectives and how our business can best serve them. Always add value and insight to project management through application of strategic thinking.
How would we describe ourselves?
Touchcast is a digital communications agency that creates influential human experiences. Our teams use insights to define and create digital experiences around the globe. From digital strategy, ecommerce, service design, to content and experiential solutions; we work across financial, telecommunications, FMCG, power, tourism, education, government and film sectors both in New Zealand and offshore. In 2014 we were named 6th fastest growing company in the Deloitte Fast 50 index, and the fastest growing agency in New Zealand.
Our Services include: Insight & Strategy, Planning & Consulting, Experience Design, Innovation & Engineering, Content & Creative, Digital Experience Optimisation.
We’re a family of specialists from a diverse mix of cultures, backgrounds and ages. The one thing we share in common is a passion to create create exceptional human experiences that influence perception, behaviour, service, sales and loyalty.
We’re part of Clemenger Group – New Zealand's largest and most successful group of advertising creative communication companies. 26% of the shares are owned by staff and we are 100% locally managed. We are also in the BBDO network which is the world’s most effective creative network (290 offices - 90 countries - 17,000+ staff). This means
If this sounds like you, and you want to work in a supportive harmonious environment then please submit your application online.
And remember to follow us here:
Please note: all applicants must have valid rights to work in New Zealand.
We need more joke skywriting in New Zealand. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/15/how-do-i-land-skywriting_n_3276795.html
love this, amazing story!
Great article with Paul C's inimitable humour
Good luck FCB. Anyone care to share what it's like working with Samsung as a client? Think "cluster"
From what I heard, both companies were missing the mark so probably a smart move. Interesting that UX, CX and ‘organisational design’ (whatever that is) are cited as a core pillar of the combined entity when neither were considered strong ...
Isn't the whole point of this article to parody exactly that? I.e. the idea that many in the industry don't know what they're doing, which leads to all the flashy/fishy practices described in the article?
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who’s it for: WorkSafe by Assignment Group.
Why we like it: Hilarious but serious, this ad from WorkSafe elicits both laughter and pensive thought as fictional commentators ‘Pat Silverwood’ and ‘Joe Munro’ give a play-by-play of workers actions. And while not all workplaces feature a pair of commentators armed with mics to make themselves heard, it's hoped the enjoyable campaign that will encourage Kiwis to ‘Use Your Mouth’ and speak up in the workplace.
Who’s it for: Icebreaker by Motion Sickness
Why we like it: Motion Sickness has blended storytelling with an ad in this beautifully shot video for Icebreaker. While the connection with Icebreaker isn't obvious from the start, as Riley Elliott's mulls over what makes him so passionate about sharks, we learn a lesson about facing and embracing fear—and it's one that suits the nature of the outdoor adventure brand.
Who’s it for: G.J. Gardner Homes by 99
Why we like it: Personalising a large company like G.J. Gardner Homes can be tough. But the company has done a nice job of giving local workers a face. Going from Queenstown to the Manawatu, franchisees speak about themselves, how they work and how they are involved with, and support, the local community around them. It's a good way to get to know those who are responsible for bringing to life the homes for G.J. customers.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!