At Flux Federation, we create marvellous experiences and products for energy teams and their customers all around the world. Flux is a team of 100+ software developers, designers, testers and product people. We’re the team that powers Powershop in NZ, Australia and the UK. We have ‘UX’ in our name, and that’s deliberate. The design of our digital products which disrupt the traditional energy experience, are simple and a delight to use – and (most importantly) create happy customers – is one of our key competitive advantages. Our hero product is Powershop.
That’s where you come in. We're looking for a person with exceptional design management and interaction design experience to lead our team of talented Product Designers. Working closely with the Director of Experience and customer researchers, you’ll be able to make insight-driven decisions as you guide the team and take the lead on projects to improve our existing web and mobile products, and to create new experiences and products.
This is an important design leadership role reporting directly into the Head of Design on the Executive team. You’ll work collaboratively with Product and Technology teams to make sure that we create and deliver brilliantly crafted experiences for clients and customers, all over the world.
Here’s how you’ll do that:
- With your digital design expertise you’ll guide the improvement of existing - and creation of new - experiences and products across web and mobile applications, including our hero product, Powershop.
- You’re passionate about design. You’ll lead and inspire a team of Product Designers, providing mentorship and guiding their professional development.
- With a deep knowledge and champion of the creative process, you’ll have a toolkit of design exercises and UX methodologies to pick from to deliver different outcomes.
- An excellent communicator – both written and verbal – you’ll help the wider team to understand the implications of design decisions.
- Working collaboratively with a Product Owners and the Technology team, you’ll raise awareness of customer outcomes and collaborative design processes with the wider team
- A self-starter, you’ll help to identify strategic pieces of product design work and drive projects from inception to delivery.
- You’ll enjoy the challenge and reward of working with partners and creating products for customers in different international markets.
Here’s why you should come and work here:
- You give a shit about the quality of your work and improving yourself alongside the business.
- We’re growing, it’s exciting. As we scale up you’ll be a part of creating and embedding new processes.
- How people live with power is rapidly changing with EVs, solar and batteries. It’s an exciting field and you’ll love the possibility of what we can create.
- You thrive in a positive learning environment. You want to progress and develop and we’ll support you in that.
- You value diversity of thought and we do too. We want you to bring your whole self to work.
- You like a relaxed work environment and flexibility. Everyone has a laptop so you have the freedom to work from a beanbag or a desk, a couch or even your kitchen table at home.
- You like fun. There's beer, wine and non-alcoholic drinks on Fridays, great coffee, soy milk, table tennis and a pie warmer. We've got knitters, bakers and musicians, as well as runners, cyclists and trampers. Whatever you're into will add to the team.
- You want to be bold and you always seek better ways. We'll be bold together.
Please apply online or call Vivien from our recruitment team on (04) 803 2583.
Fantastic work. Also hearing great things about the Drive project in low-income communities. Congrats to all involved!
1989 called... They want their idea back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmNymPocKro
Absolutely, have to admit this was confusing to me and my team as well.
Oh man, this is TERRIBLE!!!!!! So damn confusing...just have a straightforward rationale and stick with it Lightbox...
I like it
As David Ogilvy would say ... perhaps the advertising agency thinks the public find the actual products as boring as the agency does.
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who’s it for: Forsyth Barr/Summer by FCB New Zealand
Why we like it: New Zealanders are notorious for taking serious decisions lightly and this tongue-in-cheek ad by FCB for Forsyth Barr’s Summer KiwiSaver scheme gets that tone just right. A human-sized sheep in trendy clothing talking about his negligence towards his financial responsibilities is enough to get a chuckle out of anyone. The thinly veiled analogy to ‘not be a sheep(le)’ and take responsibility is not preachy but light-hearted.
Who’s it for: ANZ by TBWA
Why we like it: We all know it’s rare to see a heart-to-heart between two men on television so it’s nice to see just that in ANZ’s new KiwiSaver ad by TBWA. The way KiwiSaver is brought up in the ads is pretty clunkily approached but adding other topics such as dating, household chores and life makes the ad an endearing watch.
Who’s it for : Spark by Colenso BBDO
Why we like it: Matariki season is bringing with it a lot of joy and pride nationwide this year. Spark’s unique video embraces what is important about our very own New Year – family, traditions and knowledge. More an educational resource than ad, the care taken to make the imagery and sentiment culturally appropriate is evident in the decision to include all nine Matariki stars. The animation artfully articulates the stories behind the constellation while the te reo Māori script is as much soothing as it is exciting to see the language celebrated.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!