Nielsen is a Diverse and Growth-oriented company, focused on developing our People and delighting our Clients. Nielsen is undergoing a transformation that will impact the way we work through people, process and technology.
Do you want to join our driven media sales team where you will get to work with Media Clients and Advertising Agencies partnering with them to drive their strategies? We are looking for a SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER who will focus on driving Nielsen’s business growth. You will MAKE A DIFFERENCE by finding opportunities for selling Nielsen’s products and services to clients, and also renewing our existing contracts when the time is right.
Your key responsibilities:
- Owning and delivering a revenue target and maximising upselling opportunities
- Negotiating sales
- Offering clients a unique perspective based on insights
- Understanding client needs and successfully linking Nielsen capabilities to client goals
- Using and consistently updating Salesforce technology
- Preparing proposals based on a true understanding of the client’s business needs
- Understanding how solutions in the Nielsen media portfolio fit together as well as collaborating and connecting with the wider operational teams responsible for delivering these solutions where required
- Earning client’s trust by building and maintaining networks
- Position reports to the Associate Director, Media, Client Development
- As an experienced seller you will possess the following skills:
- A track record of selling and negotiating in the Media industry
- 1-3 years relevant experience
- An understanding of the media client advertising process, particularly in the digital space
- Awareness of market conditions and the client’s business environment
- Effective two –way communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent business English, both written and verbal
- An ability to problem solve and a solution-oriented mind-set
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to build client relationships
- Strong collaboration skills (client and team)
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nice work guys.
Abolustely gutted to see Paul go, he’s been an awesome leader at 99 and bought a great vibe to the agency. He will no doubt smash it on his next endeavour and I wish him all the best, they are ...
What a loss for 99, but I’m sure Troy will carry on your good work. A true advertising legend and an agent of change leaving before the fruits of his labour are fully realised. Best of luck Paul in your ...
No mention of Ali Mau? I would hope Mediaworks are - at the very least - retaining her as a fill-in presenter for any of the key roles?
Sounds great; I'm looking forward to the new channel. Congratulations to Three for their much deserved success in the ratings.
Predictable, safe and vanilla. Will be forgotten pretty quickly I suspect.
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: Super Rugby by Sugar & Partners
Why we like it: Super Rugby is typically a fast-paced game, but to promote the season Sugar & Partners have slowed down the action to ensure audiences don't miss a thing. Despite the change of pace, the excited fans jumping around, motocross rider and confetti ensure the campaign continues to build on the hype generated in previous campaigns. The music by local artist Kings also helps to provide energy—did you spot him in the crowd?
Who's it for:The New Zealand Olympic Committee by Saatchi & Saatchi
Why we like it: Competing on a global stage is no easy feat, and that's before cold temperatures, wind and snow are added. This campaign takes New Zealanders behind the scenes of the Winter Olympics to see what it takes get there and hopefully win a medal. In this particular video, featuring Janina Kuzma, the choice to not add music and leave the wind as the only sound emphasises the harsh conditions she trains in and her dedication to the sport.
Who's it for: Kiwibank by Hello
Why we like it: Kiwibank is bidding farewell to student giveaways and acknowledging the demographic is not only motivated by freebies. Instead, this campaign, featuring Shortland Street's Jayden Daniels, ties into the brand's wider campaigns about investing in a locally owned bank. And if that message alone isn't enough to make students sit up and listen, the inclusion of Daniels taking his shirt off is sure to generate some attention.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!