McHugh Media is New Zealand's leading integrated media publishing company, setting the benchmark for branded content and premium publishing. With three print magazines and accompanying digital platforms, McHugh Media is looking for an experienced Advertising Manager to grow the team. You will sell engaging branded content to new and existing clients, increasing the reputation and visibility of McHugh Media's branded content offering, across each of our premium platforms.
The successful applicant will have proven digital media sales experience and will bring pre-existing agency and brand relationships with them. Your performance will be based on your ability to ignite, develop and close sales opportunities across a range of brand categories.
Your focus will be on building new client relationships and securing digital business. Key duties will include:
- Selling creative branded content solutions, video and supporting media across the full MiNDFOOD portfolio to new and existing clients/agencies
- Liaising internally with the Integration team to attend meetings, provide branded and creative responses to briefs and proactively grow branded content and digital sales across all company's platforms
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of saleable branded content and media options.
- We are looking for a self-motivated individual with experience in planning and forecasting their own sales performance, with a view to meeting and exceeding agreed targets.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Pre-sale planning and post-sale management and execution.
- Working closely with relevant teams to schedule campaigns into internal systems, resolving inventory conflicts, and meeting production timelines.
- Client facing and pitching experience and ability to handle working around ever-shifting deadlines.
- Ensuring that proposals are delivered back to clients on time and within budget.
- Cold calling/emailing to arrange meetings with clients and agencies to prospect for new business.
- Keeping abreast of competitor press and agency developments.
- Gathering market and customer information
- Providing wrap reports and campaigns case studies to all branded content campaigns in order to prove our delivery against client objectives.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Proficient and creative use in preparing proposals.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in sales/account management, preferably in online digital advertising.
- Proven sales success.
- Self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritise work assignments, meet deadlines, and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Thorough understanding of the branded content, digital advertising and video industry.
- Strong networker with proactive, customer focused and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong attention to detail and desire to excel at client handling.
There IS a story
Comments from Planner? What about True's CDs? There's a story...
If you want research on the correlation between Nike demographics and those likely to vote democrat, try this: "For Nike, the company’s best customer prospects are active, high-earning young people, for who else can or will spend more than $100 ...
Very nice and inspiring blog. Happy to read it. Thank You! http://www.learnerstake.com/
I think Stoppress has not got the full picture in regards to the Ritson v Sharp 'debate'. The original debate was between Sharp & Pauwels, where Sharp wrote an article (link 1), Pauwels wrote another in response (link 2), and ...
NZ Household income is $99k NZD
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the ICG Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: ASB by With Collective and Curious Films
Why we like it: The True Rewarden sheriff is back – and she’s here to teach us a lesson at the True Rewarden Academy training camp. The spot is simple and effective, with the sheriff explaining what True Rewards can be used for. We like Rachel House as the ‘True Rewarden’ as she brings great humour to the ad and hope ASB continues using the sheriff for further campaigns.
Who's it for: LifeDirect by Trade Me by Y&R and Flying Fish
Why we like it: We all know unfortunate events happen to everyone at some time and we should be prepared. While most of us probably won’t end up in a shark's mouth, this is the premise of the hilarious new spot from LifeDirect by TradeMe. While the Jaws-esque ad is a change from Simon the Sloth (RIP), it's nice to see a bit of humour and fun injected into what can be a sometimes boring (but necessary) industry.
Who's it for: Phloe from Douglas Pharmaceuticals by YoungShand and Reel Factory
Why we like it: We can't go past ads that feature cute dogs and this one is no exception. Using a parade of misbehaving pooches to bring up the issue of bowel health is a clever move from Phloe. It's not clinical or scary and will ensure the audience is watching. Will be interesting to see how this campaign develops further or if another direction is taken.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!