McHugh Media is New Zealand's leading integrated media publishing company, setting the benchmark for branded content and premium publishing. With three print magazines and accompanying digital platforms, McHugh Media is looking for an experienced Advertising Manager to grow the team. You will sell engaging branded content to new and existing clients, increasing the reputation and visibility of McHugh Media's branded content offering, across each of our premium platforms.
The successful applicant will have proven digital media sales experience and will bring pre-existing agency and brand relationships with them. Your performance will be based on your ability to ignite, develop and close sales opportunities across a range of brand categories.
Your focus will be on building new client relationships and securing digital business. Key duties will include:
- Selling creative branded content solutions, video and supporting media across the full MiNDFOOD portfolio to new and existing clients/agencies
- Liaising internally with the Integration team to attend meetings, provide branded and creative responses to briefs and proactively grow branded content and digital sales across all company's platforms
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of saleable branded content and media options.
- We are looking for a self-motivated individual with experience in planning and forecasting their own sales performance, with a view to meeting and exceeding agreed targets.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Pre-sale planning and post-sale management and execution.
- Working closely with relevant teams to schedule campaigns into internal systems, resolving inventory conflicts, and meeting production timelines.
- Client facing and pitching experience and ability to handle working around ever-shifting deadlines.
- Ensuring that proposals are delivered back to clients on time and within budget.
- Cold calling/emailing to arrange meetings with clients and agencies to prospect for new business.
- Keeping abreast of competitor press and agency developments.
- Gathering market and customer information
- Providing wrap reports and campaigns case studies to all branded content campaigns in order to prove our delivery against client objectives.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Proficient and creative use in preparing proposals.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in sales/account management, preferably in online digital advertising.
- Proven sales success.
- Self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritise work assignments, meet deadlines, and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Thorough understanding of the branded content, digital advertising and video industry.
- Strong networker with proactive, customer focused and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong attention to detail and desire to excel at client handling.
I fell asleep half way through watching that
Might want to check that apostrophe guys!
Couldn't agree more. It's everyone's problem now but brought on mostly by selfish farming practices. Rather than trying to get everyone behind it, they should be reporting on what they are doing to clear it up and provide regular updates.
1. Pollute waterways 2. Deflect blame to the general public This is definitely a 'you' problem, DairyNZ. The rest of us already do want clear waterways... that's kind of the point. Manifesto advertising doesn't work when your brand is trying ...
AHAHAHA love it
Thanks Blanche for your comment. Great to see that we're sharing the same vision! The future looks great!
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the ICG Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: ASB by True
Why we like it: Clever Kash is back in the latest advert by ASB, but instead of telling us how to save money, he's focused on teaching kids how to save lives. First aid is an important skill for everyone, and empowering children to be able to make critical decisions when a loved one is hurt or unwell is nothing but a good thing.
Who's it for: White Ribbon by in-house team and Ocean Design and Lot23
Why we like it: No one can deny that New Zealand has a serious problem with violence, particularly violence towards women. It's heartening to see a bunch of White Ribbon ambassadors open up the conversation and invite all men – regardless of whether they've ever been violent or not – to stand up against the culture of violence in this country.
Who's it for: Tower Insurance by Barnes, Catmur & Friends Dentsu
Why we like it: Insurance ads tend to follow a similar pattern, but this one injects a touch of humour to make it memorable. We all know accidents are a huge disruption to a well-curated daily routine, but Tower has the solution.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!