Our story is about people’s connection with nature and each other. Icebreakers are story-tellers. We want to share our adventures and inspire others to have their own. We believe in the power of nature and the power of our products.
In this new leadership role of Global Head of Digital Content, you will have a knack for story-telling, a love of writing and an eye for styley cut through content.
Reporting to the Chief Brand and Product Officer and based in our Global Head Office in Auckland, you will lead the Content Hub with digital designers, an in-house photographer and a social media specialist to build a unified brand experience across all digital content, ensuring a single “voice” that represents the Icebreaker brand and identity.
Your cv reads like this:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field
• Proven Global Marketing leader with equivalent of 8+ years of experience creating content for the web across multi-disciplines (text, design,
video, etc.) and media (blogging, guides, whitepapers, research, infographics, podcasts, etc.), and/or public relations and media outreach
• Strong understanding of the Global market
• Inspirational leader with proven success guiding, mentoring and developing teams to excel
• An articulate wordsmith and copywriter, combining a sense of humour with a sophisticated point of view
• Culturally relevant, with a highly developed interest in nature, adventurers, fashion, art, music, and photography as it relates to the Icebreaker
• Ability to work on a variety of projects at one time. You can do it all at once
• An in depth analytical ability
• Proven success in managing agency and vendor relationships
• Ability to build relationships and work with a variety of co-workers across global and regional teams and functions
And this is how you will smash this role:
• Own and be the Editor of Icebreaker’s online consumer magazine, ‘Southern Chronicles’
• Lead and deliver all content marketing and brand awareness initiatives, as well as the creation of demand generation based content to drive
traffic, engagement, and leads
• Collaborate across the organization to deliver an effective Content Marketing Strategy and Editorial Plan to meet the business objectives, as well
as measuring results of content initiatives and developing reports to show value back to the business
• Oversee strategy for Icebreaker Social Media channels – including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram
• Drive engagement through informative, educational content as well as monitoring for company mentions and responding to inquiries
• Support Marketing and eCommerce stakeholders, including performance marketing, demand generation, sales enablement and brand channels
• Build relationships with digital/online press, analysts, social media influencers, partners, and customers
• Develop and execute comprehensive communication plans, including media relations, analyst relations, social media and content
• Edit all public-facing content, including product collateral, web text, blog posts, and email blasts, to maintain clarity and consistency with core
company messaging, and proper grammar
• Work with cross-functional teams, such as Sales and Customer Service– turning customer stories into sales enablement materials, including
case studies, references and social media content
We are not a big corporate.
We are a fast moving, nimble business with limited resources – the people on our team are here because they want to make a difference and work hard and creatively to make that happen. We are not perfect, we have heaps of work to do. We like people who can think big and strategic and also get their hands dirty.
We are headquartered in Auckland, New Zealand with regional offices in Vancouver, BC in Canada, Portland, OR in the United States and Munich in Germany. We also have smaller satellite offices in Zurich in Switzerland, Annecy in France and Melbourne in Australia.
If this opportunity feels like the type of job you’re passionate about, and it fits with your skills and experience, please click apply below to send us your CV with a covering letter explaining why you'd be right for Icebreaker.
The recruitment of this position is being managed by Philippa Irvine, Talent Scout. For any queries, contact Philly directly on +64 21 564 691 or email email@example.com.
So they're taking a leaf out of Countdown's book and essentially putting products on price lockdown? Meh. Can't even remember the last time I went into a Warehouse but the latest ads with yellow backgrounds are frankly a very silly ...
Utterly cringeworthy ads.
Hasn't it always been that?
I have been enjoying paperboy. At 50 years of age, I am not of the demographic target, but I still have a pulse. The harbour news went from dull to dead boring once the oldtimer who wrote the opinions section ...
Hello uncanny valley!
Decline pitches from clients you know be shady or hopeless. If you don't you only have yourselves to blame. Same advice applies to film companies. If you don't like the smell of the brief don't pitch. Set some criteria for ...
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: The Warehouse by DDB and Goodoil
Why we like it: The Warehouse is getting real about life's complications. Waiting for a sale can be frustrating and while retail ads often promote particular discounts, this shows a change in The Warehouse's strategy to offer low process every day. It puts the focus on the customer's needs rather than the products, and in turn, makes the retailer a strong competitor in the market.
Who's it for: Fresh by Work Communication and Eight
Why we like it: Who said toilet paper ads had to be boring? Dancing and toilet paper aren't typically associated but the combination of the two makes for quite an intriguing display. And beyond its promotion of the strength and suitability for sensitive skin, the spot is sure to make the toilet paper brand the one of choice for any toilet paper-themed costume parties.
Who's it for: Fire and Emergency NZ by FCB and Tom Sainsbury
Why we like it: Nothing says check your smoke alarms like a bit of cheeky banter between a barbecue and a smoke alarm. The reminder to check your alarms is not a new one, but getting it across with anthropomorphic household items certainly offers a fresh take on the important message. If this first effort is anything to go by, then Snapchat comedian Tom Sainsbury is set to become a staple in local advertising over the next few months.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!