Our story is about people’s connection with nature and each other. Icebreakers are story-tellers. We want to share our adventures and inspire others to have their own. We believe in the power of nature and the power of our products.
In this new leadership role of Global Head of Digital Content, you will have a knack for story-telling, a love of writing and an eye for styley cut through content.
Reporting to the Chief Brand and Product Officer and based in our Global Head Office in Auckland, you will lead the Content Hub with digital designers, an in-house photographer and a social media specialist to build a unified brand experience across all digital content, ensuring a single “voice” that represents the Icebreaker brand and identity.
Your cv reads like this:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field
• Proven Global Marketing leader with equivalent of 8+ years of experience creating content for the web across multi-disciplines (text, design,
video, etc.) and media (blogging, guides, whitepapers, research, infographics, podcasts, etc.), and/or public relations and media outreach
• Strong understanding of the Global market
• Inspirational leader with proven success guiding, mentoring and developing teams to excel
• An articulate wordsmith and copywriter, combining a sense of humour with a sophisticated point of view
• Culturally relevant, with a highly developed interest in nature, adventurers, fashion, art, music, and photography as it relates to the Icebreaker
• Ability to work on a variety of projects at one time. You can do it all at once
• An in depth analytical ability
• Proven success in managing agency and vendor relationships
• Ability to build relationships and work with a variety of co-workers across global and regional teams and functions
And this is how you will smash this role:
• Own and be the Editor of Icebreaker’s online consumer magazine, ‘Southern Chronicles’
• Lead and deliver all content marketing and brand awareness initiatives, as well as the creation of demand generation based content to drive
traffic, engagement, and leads
• Collaborate across the organization to deliver an effective Content Marketing Strategy and Editorial Plan to meet the business objectives, as well
as measuring results of content initiatives and developing reports to show value back to the business
• Oversee strategy for Icebreaker Social Media channels – including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram
• Drive engagement through informative, educational content as well as monitoring for company mentions and responding to inquiries
• Support Marketing and eCommerce stakeholders, including performance marketing, demand generation, sales enablement and brand channels
• Build relationships with digital/online press, analysts, social media influencers, partners, and customers
• Develop and execute comprehensive communication plans, including media relations, analyst relations, social media and content
• Edit all public-facing content, including product collateral, web text, blog posts, and email blasts, to maintain clarity and consistency with core
company messaging, and proper grammar
• Work with cross-functional teams, such as Sales and Customer Service– turning customer stories into sales enablement materials, including
case studies, references and social media content
We are not a big corporate.
We are a fast moving, nimble business with limited resources – the people on our team are here because they want to make a difference and work hard and creatively to make that happen. We are not perfect, we have heaps of work to do. We like people who can think big and strategic and also get their hands dirty.
We are headquartered in Auckland, New Zealand with regional offices in Vancouver, BC in Canada, Portland, OR in the United States and Munich in Germany. We also have smaller satellite offices in Zurich in Switzerland, Annecy in France and Melbourne in Australia.
If this opportunity feels like the type of job you’re passionate about, and it fits with your skills and experience, please click apply below to send us your CV with a covering letter explaining why you'd be right for Icebreaker.
The recruitment of this position is being managed by Philippa Irvine, Talent Scout. For any queries, contact Philly directly on +64 21 564 691 or email email@example.com.
No mention of Ali Mau? I would hope Mediaworks are - at the very least - retaining her as a fill-in presenter for any of the key roles?
Sounds great; I'm looking forward to the new channel. Congratulations to Three for their much deserved success in the ratings.
Predictable, safe and vanilla. Will be forgotten pretty quickly I suspect.
Fantastic story. Who wrote this script?
Yeah, it's just ok for me. It will definitely have it's fans (and maybe that's all it has to do), but it's no different to say Farmers or Spark - a somewhat sweet story that doesn't tread new turf and ...
This is just brilliant. Gets me every time I see it. Thanks for showing us all how it can be done.
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: Super Rugby by Sugar & Partners
Why we like it: Super Rugby is typically a fast-paced game, but to promote the season Sugar & Partners have slowed down the action to ensure audiences don't miss a thing. Despite the change of pace, the excited fans jumping around, motocross rider and confetti ensure the campaign continues to build on the hype generated in previous campaigns. The music by local artist Kings also helps to provide energy—did you spot him in the crowd?
Who's it for:The New Zealand Olympic Committee by Saatchi & Saatchi
Why we like it: Competing on a global stage is no easy feat, and that's before cold temperatures, wind and snow are added. This campaign takes New Zealanders behind the scenes of the Winter Olympics to see what it takes get there and hopefully win a medal. In this particular video, featuring Janina Kuzma, the choice to not add music and leave the wind as the only sound emphasises the harsh conditions she trains in and her dedication to the sport.
Who's it for: Kiwibank by Hello
Why we like it: Kiwibank is bidding farewell to student giveaways and acknowledging the demographic is not only motivated by freebies. Instead, this campaign, featuring Shortland Street's Jayden Daniels, ties into the brand's wider campaigns about investing in a locally owned bank. And if that message alone isn't enough to make students sit up and listen, the inclusion of Daniels taking his shirt off is sure to generate some attention.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!