This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of NZ’s leading tourism operators and lead our Digital Marketing team.
Skyline Enterprises operates some of the most loved tourism brands in New Zealand, from the Kiwi favourite Luge and award-winning restaurants to helicopters, planes, boats, hotels, motels and apartments….this role is involved in it all!
We are looking for a digital marketing expert who can lead our dedicated team to execute our strategy across all our brands as our businesses grow and contribute to NZ’s largest industry.
You will need to bring previous experience in leading effective marketing teams as well as finely honed digital marketing skills as you will lead the activities of the Digital Marketing team in support of the various marketing teams across the Skyline group to deliver best-in-industry digital solutions.
You will need to have a clear vision for effective, integrated digital marketing practices and how to engage customers as we as be able to demonstrate initiative and attention to detail, ability to multi-task and manage your time effectively. You will possess excellent communication skills and will be able to build and maintain relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
You will have demonstrated your skills during a minimum of three years Digital Marketing experience with a sound grasp of digital strategy and the technical competency required to contribute to the success of Skyline’s online marketing efforts. Experience in leading a small team is an important requirement for this role.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Lead the development and execution of strategy across the digital marketing department and contribute to the group marketing strategy.
• Working across multiple projects with an active involvement in managing available resources and capacity.
• Oversee the monitoring and testing of digital activities for continuous improvement using various monitoring and analytics tools.
• Liaising with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring that all digital activities are properly aligned, communicated, planned and executed.
• Distributing detailed regular performance reports to Sales & Marketing managers.
• Execute market-specific planning to advise on enhancing customer experience across our brands through our channels, in turn increasing adoption and conversion.
• Lead development on marketing activities across SEO, PPC, Social Media, Email, Content, CMS systems & E-commerce.
The Ideal Candidate:
• A digital hybrid with extensive experience in Digital Marketing across the full digital mix.
• Analytical and data-driven approach to gather actionable insights for improvement of campaigns/ projects.
• Experience in team leadership and performance management.
• A creative and outside-the-box thinking mindset.
• A passion for digital/tech with an interest in keeping up to date with technological developments.
If you have the passion, drive and commitment for a challenging role which you can really make your own, then we would like to hear from you. Contact Maree Aoake Group Manager Human Resources P 027 836 7966
Just say 'good people', mate.
I like a big money-grabber acknowledging what we're up to and relegating their part to letting us get on with it.
Spark just did a VO montage.
I think we all can agree that if StopPress actually applied some rigour around its 'Ads Of The Week' decision making rather than just giving it to any old brand with a new ad (ahem, I'm talking to you Holden) ...
Yeah, the use of a montage, loosely drawn together by a VO is super grown-up. And "long-term" is right - Spark were doing them back when they were still called Telecom.
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who is it for:2degrees by DDB
Why we like it: Nearly 10 years after its arrival in the market, 2degrees is making itself and its values known with a new brand campaign. While the services of the telco, including phone and internet, are intangible and encourage an esoteric approach to the marketing, this spot cleverly connects 2degrees with what it's all about: communication. With a mellow backing track and soft-voiced narrator, it explores all the different forms of communication while throwing in some humour like missing teeth and subtly calls out women for wearing activewear when visiting a cafe.
Who's it for: Samsung by Colenso BBDO and Flying Fish
Why we like it: Blink and you'll miss it. Samsung went bold to launch its new Galaxy S9 by placing 25 of the phones around a set that in five-seconds erupted into a display of colour and movement. The slow-motion video, the result of the display, highlights the camera as well as the technical nouse of Colenso BBDO and Flying Fish who bravely accepted the challenge and shot it all in front of a live audience.
Who's it for: Holden by Special Group
Why we like it: Faced with the challenge of people thinking its Australian factory was closing down, Holden's responded with this spot showing that's far from the case. As well as responding to the challenge at hand, the ad cleverly includes some promotion of specific car features and confirms the brand is here to stay by discussing what it has in store in the future.
Who's it for: Scapegrace by Motion Sickness
Why we like it: How do you change your name and make consumers aware of it? This spot by Scapegrace, formerly Rogue Society, does just that. It also helps customers accept the change by explaining the reason behind it, which in this case is a bonus lesson in international trade laws. StopPress' audience has responded well, with compliments for both the brand and agency and we agree it's a great piece of work.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!